Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Do you have a goal when you fly?

What are your reasons you fly in your sim? Or in other words, in each flight you do, what is your on set purpose you want to accomplish in the flight that gives you pleasure or satisfaction?

I like the feeling, of starting flights in Cold and Dark cockpits, powering it up, contacting VatSim ATC, and flying published routes correctly. I find extreme satisfaction flying and making the right moves, and at the end of the flight, I know that ATC enjoyed me on the scope.

I echo the last response. With GSX and Fs2Crew I love pulling in and shutting down and unloading and getting the plane ready for the next leg.

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hopping in my 737NG, getting out the Jeppesen charts, planing my leg on the Lido En-Route charts, printing out the dispatch and load sheets from Dispatch Planner X, starting her up and contacting ATC, and just the satisfaction of fly the best aircraft ever made, the 737. Just the feeling of doing what I will end up doing in a few years, flying for Southwest Airlines. That is why I fly! B)

Daniel Wasinski, SWA5594, Senior Captain, Southwest Virtual Airlines

"Without a heart, it's just a machine."

Learning new stuff is my main joy. I like studying the manuals for my NGX, MD-11 and J41, compiling all info for the flight I am preparing and executing it as realistic as possible. Also I enjoy flying for my VA, gives further purpose to the flights.

23.png

True....VA flying also helps make more sense sometimes, when others, you are sitting at the gate, zoomed out on Google Earth, trying to figure out what to do and where.

What William said! Also I think it's important to have a sense of really finishing the flight. If I just pull up to the gate and shut down the engines and quit, it feels somehow empty and unfulfilled (although I confess I do it quite often). But dealing with my FO courtesy of FS2Crew and having the different equipement there to greet me at the gate (AES), really adds a feeling of having accomplished something, especially if I've had a lot of ATC coverage on VATSIM and the airspace has been pretty busy! After all these years of flightsimming and being on VATSIM, it still sends shivers down my spine!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

i fly with a VA which gives great purpose and they also do tours as well.

I also fly just to see airports I like or have been to!

Depends on the nature of the flight.

♦ Online flying with friends from the RTWR (Round the World Race - what a fantastic challenge that is!)... 

Thoroughly enjoy a flight with friends.  It could be a some sort of challenge or just a leisurely flight thru some Orbx area.  For example... I can be completely content in an A2A Cub or Aerosoft Beaver airport hopping in the PNW or Australian back country.  Currently working on flying from London to Cape Town - recreating the aerial survey Alan J. Cobham made in 1925 - using the Alabeo Waco YMF-5.

Besides the friendships built, I have learned a tremendous amount from my compadres about the Wide World of FSX aircraft, utilities, scenery etc.

♦ Could be an online challenge / race...

Sim-Outhouse e.g. usually provides a couple per year.  Things like the MacRobertson Air Race (RAF Mildenhall to Melbourne) ...  or a chance to Island hop across the South Pacific in a B377 from Australia to Argentina (Evita).

♦ If it is just me... 

Usually some sort of challenge... an FSX mission or landing challenge (e.g. Carriers or difficult airports).  Recently re-downloaded Dino's updated planes and the new one.  Also "discovered" Xtreme Prototype's X-15.  What a hoot that is to climb to several hundred thousand feet and glide into an airport.

♦ I like to "keep currency" with the Heavies... so flying w/ BAV gives me that opportunity along with many resources (people and the online content).

There is nothing I won't fly... starting from the Wright Flyer - I fly the gamut.

I am very fortunate to have a newer computer because it is quite nice to crank up the Clouds & Autogen and the IQ and not be in single digit fps-land.

Escape my wife !

too much, too soon....

Guest Mik75

I do most of my flying for a VA. The flights are reported with FS Flightkeeper which scores me for every flight. The PIREPs are very detailed and therefore, I try to do my flying as good and real as possible. I also use Pro ATC/X and FS2Crew for further enhacement on realism. 

I fly based on what I'd like to be doing in real life.  Since November I have flown in real time on the actual dates to mirror my alma mater's (Indiana)  college basketball schedule, at times stopping enroute to pick up friends.  My C90 is currently parked at James Cox/Dayton International.  From there I will fly back to Bloomington, IN, and from there hope to be heading to Washington, DC, for elite 8 games next weekend.  

Last summer I flew to each U.S. venues for the IndyCar racing circuit.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I agree with many of the above but also I enjoy the goals of FS Economy. Flying passengers and cargo and earning virtual $ for successful flights. Building a virtual business that allows you to own airplanes and FBOs. http://www.fseconomy.com/  

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10