Sign in to follow this  
salah

FSX graphics problem

hey guys,

i have the fsx deluxe edition with a few addons, including pmdg 737 ngx, flytampa tampa, rex 2. fsx was working fine untill i got the scenery.cfg error one day. so i reinstalled fsx and the addons and it worked fine, and now today i opened it, chose the pmdg 737 ngx, made a flight plan and started at tampa (with the flytampa addon). as i was starting the plane from cold and dark, i opened the flight planner, and when i close it the graphics just froze and went all crazy although it didnt crash to desktop. i tried restarting fsx but still have the same problem, sometimes i can open and close flight plannerr, map or settings a few times then the problem happens, and sometimes it happens the first time i open a menu. i tried googling the problem with no luck :(. anyone know why this is happening??

heres my pc specs:

i5 2500k @4.4 ghz

ati 6950 crossfire

8gb of 1600 ram

could this be a memory issue?? memory leaking or something?? btw i also have the uiautomationcore.dll in the fsx root.

Most likely a bad setting in the FSX.cfg or your settings are set too high making it difficult for FSX to "breathe" and run properly.  I would save your FSX.cfg as FSX.orig then restart FSX and let the config rebuild.  Make some minor adjustments to the settings but try to keep them as the default.  Now see if the problem still exists.  If it does not fix the problem, then you can always go back and return the fsx.orig back to fsx.cfg.

Of course a memory leak is always a possibility but I have not seen any reports regarding the programs you indicated were loaded at the time FSX froze up.  You might also download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and make sure there were no recent crashes.  The system Event Viewer under Custom Views>Administrative Events will show you everything that has been happening to your computer recently too.  Perhaps there's a hardware problem.  The event viewer would show this.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

i tried  your method, and this time while in game i pressed alt, but the menus didnt show up, they were there but not visible. i know they are there because i clicked the are where the buttons normally are and the pop up showed up to close fsx, when i pressed no the textures went bad. and the plane disappeared except for the plane seats...

and this time while in game i pressed alt, but the menus didnt show up, they were there but not visible. i know they are there because i clicked the are where the buttons

This happened to me recently. Your dll.xml is corrupt. It's difficult to tell you how to fix it but once you open it up it should give you an idea how the entries are placed. To open it up, you need to right click it and select Open with Notepad.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim. I ended up reinstalling fsx (for teh 5th time this week...) and the problem seems t be solved for now. thanks for your help :)