Sign in to follow this  
abasa12

PMDG 737 MAX?

Hello Simmers! I'm sorry if this has already been posted. I don't think it has, but anyways, here goes. Do you think PMDG will make a 737 MAX extension? What with the firm concept achieved and over a thousand orders, it would make sense. That being said, it would definitely have to happen after the completion of the 744V2, and likely the Cloudmaster, but it would be nice to go with the BBJ. So far only liveries have been made of the new aircraft, hardly doing justice to the new winglets, tail section and engine design. I think, though, that it would be easy enough to make, but what do I know? Just a suggestion/idea. What do you all think? A good idea, or a bad one?

-abasa12

Maybe, but at that point we most likely won't be using FSX anymore, after all PMDG wants to create everything properly, you can't create a proper 737MAX before the actual bird has flown.

you can't create a proper 737MAX before the actual bird has flown.

True, I think you're right about that.

Maybe, but at that point we most likely won't be using FSX anymore

Seeing as we've been using FSX for seven years, I wouldn't be surprised. The unfortunate truth is that if we want to transfer add-ons, the FSX replacement will have to come from Microsoft, which is unlikely. If not, everything will have to be re-built from scratch.

-abasa12

PS - I realize this is not fully true, but close enough.

Probably not unless it's just a model extension thing sorta like the -8 one we did for the 400X. To actually do the 737MAX we'd have to have the airplane in service etc - they haven't even built a real one yet. There's going to be cockpit changes vs. the NG now too apparently, so that would open up another can of worms in addition to the different engines.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Probably not unless it's just a model extension thing sorta like the -8 one we did for the 400X. To actually do the 737MAX we'd have to have the airplane in service etc - they haven't even built a real one yet. There's going to be cockpit changes vs. the NG now too apparently, so that would open up another can of worms in addition to the different engines.

I was thinking more of a model extension, but maybe for 2020?

:) - I actually didn't see the post above mine.