Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

***** ATTENTION ***** New Rules For The Screen Shot Forum

Exciting news for those of us who enjoy the Screen Shot Forum!

Today, Tom Allensworth (Owner and CEO of AVSIM) (The Big Kahuna) has announced changes to the Rules of The Screen Shot Forum.

Quote:

If images are hosted by AVSIM:

• No more than 10 images per post
  • Image weight and size restrictions remain the same
  • Image will now be allowed to be stored for 120 days, rather than 90
If images are hosted by a another site:
  • Up to 20 images per post
  • Images will be forced to 1024 pixels wide when displayed in the forum - clicking on image will display the original image size
  • No limit on weight (but poster should forewarn readers of large images
Overall changes no matter whether uploaded or hosted elsewhere:
  • Images can appear in subsequent posts in a topic, however first message in topic MUST include images
End Quote

Can I get a big Woo Hoo?

Important facts to consider:

If you upload your images to AVSIM, there is no change to the current rules (except they will be available for 120 days instead of 90 days)

If you host at a third party, you can now post as many as 20 images linked from the Screen Shot Forum.  This should make quite a few of us pretty happy.  The truth is not many people would want to wade through more than 20 images at a time.  And ... if you want to post more than 20, start another thread.

As a bonus, you can now append images in a thread after the first post!  This should make for some great threads.

These new rule changes have benefits for everyone.  They come about after some great discussions on the forum.  I would like to thank all you guys who participated in those discussions, Chase Kreznor (My Boss), Stephen "Spirit Flyer" Wilcox (His Boss), and of course, Tom Allensworth (Everybody's Boss).

Let the good times keep on rolling.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Exciting news for those of us who enjoy the Screen Shot Forum!

Today, Tom Allensworth (Owner and CEO of AVSIM) (The Big Kahuna) has announced changes to the Rules of The Screen Shot Forum.

Quote:

If images are hosted by AVSIM:

• No more than 10 images per post
  • Image weight and size restrictions remain the same
  • Image will now be allowed to be stored for 120 days, rather than 90

If images are hosted by a another site:

• Up to 20 images per post
  • Images will be forced to 1024 pixels wide when displayed in the forum - clicking on image will display the original image size
  • No limit on weight (but poster should forewarn readers of large images

Overall changes no matter whether uploaded or hosted elsewhere:

• Images can appear in subsequent posts in a topic, however first message in topic MUST include images

End Quote

Can I get a big Woo Hoo?

Important facts to consider:

If you upload your images to AVSIM, there is no change to the current rules (except they will be available for 120 days instead of 90 days)

If you host at a third party, you can now post as many as 20 images linked from the Screen Shot Forum.  This should make quite a few of us pretty happy.  The truth is not many people would want to wade through more than 20 images at a time.  And ... if you want to post more than 20, start another thread.

As a bonus, you can now append images in a thread after the first post!  This should make for some great threads.

These new rule changes have benefits for everyone.  They come about after some great discussions on the forum.  I would like to thank all you guys who participated in those discussions, Chase Kreznor (My Boss), Stephen "Spirit Flyer" Wilcox (His Boss), and of course, Tom Allensworth (Everybody's Boss).

Let the good times keep on rolling.

Awesome!  Although I think 10 images will suffice in most of my posts.  Great new rules!  Thanks for supporting this forum!

John

Images will be forced to 1024 pixels wide when displayed in the forum - clicking on image will display the original image size

That's actually not correct (me bad)..;. The image will be automatically scaled to the largest size that does NOT exceed the width of the reader's display.

That's actually not correct (me bad)..;. The image will be automatically scaled to the largest size that does NOT exceed the width of the reader's display.

Even better !

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

Seemed particularly poignant to me, since I just started a thread that will include weekly additions of screen-shots. I was hoping I was within the rules, which I believe I am (you may point out my errors of course, and they'll be corrected ASAP.)

I personally prefer the use of thumb-nail images that are links to the full-sized screen-shots. The thumb-nails I use are generally 400px wide, just large enough to get an idea of what the image is showing without being so large as to cause "congestion" while trying to view a thread with many such images. It seems to work well for me. I also have the capability of storing my own images in a web-accessable place (my own web space.) Not everyone has that luxury.

So..... no restrictions on image resolution now? They will be resized to the user's monitor I gather? 

@@IFR7700

No, Dennis, thank YOU for bringing these suggestions to the table and getting the ball rolling!  :Applause:

@@Clem Wu

Correct!

So..... no restrictions on image resolution now? They will be resized to the user's monitor I gather? 

That is correct sir!  As long, of course, as you continue to use your off site image hosting source.  However, really there isn't any need to post or link to a 4Mb image.  You can show every detail available with a substantially smaller file size, but now you can.

I guess if you wanted to print some of these gorgeous shots, that would be a fairly good reason to link to a larger image.  Just please give a warning to those who are forced by circumstance to have dial up.

@@IFR7700

No, Dennis, thank YOU for bringing these suggestions to the table and getting the ball rolling!  :Applause:

@@Clem Wu

Correct!

My pleasure, Chase.  I just wished all that trouble with the software hadn't come up just after we started.  I hate to put anything extra on anyone's to-do list.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

That is correct sir!  As long, of course, as you continue to use your off site image hosting source.  However, really there isn't any need to post or link to a 4Mb image.  You can show every detail available with a substantially smaller file size, but now you can.

I guess if you wanted to print some of these gorgeous shots, that would be a fairly good reason to link to a larger image.  Just please give a warning to those who are forced by circumstance to have dial up.

Awesome! Thanks Chase, thanks Dennis :) This is really good news, I don't have to resize it to 1600 anymore. Posting in full glory! 

Seemed particularly poignant to me, since I just started a thread that will include weekly additions of screen-shots. I was hoping I was within the rules, which I believe I am (you may point out my errors of course, and they'll be corrected ASAP.)

I personally prefer the use of thumb-nail images that are links to the full-sized screen-shots. The thumb-nails I use are generally 400px wide, just large enough to get an idea of what the image is showing without being so large as to cause "congestion" while trying to view a thread with many such images. It seems to work well for me. I also have the capability of storing my own images in a web-accessable place (my own web space.) Not everyone has that luxury.

I noticed your post today.  I'll be looking forward to your Sunday threads.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules