Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

strange occurences

Hi All

Got a very strange thing happening at the moment

I'm flying a route from KPAE to EGPH preparing for the arrival of the T7 and I've got really weird things happening with my 747 I've no faults set to trigger but on 3 occasions my number 3 engine will shutdown!!!

also my vnav keeps failing but with no indications on efis and my fmc.

The vnav problems seem linked to the weather loading with REX and although the vnav swich shows that its engaged the speed varies wildly before and after REX updates and I have to push the vnav button and it all settles down .

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Pete Little

Cheers Pete,

do you fuel the 747 using the PMDG menu in the FS and NOT the default fuel and payload option? If the fuel is balanced wrong, and you don't realize in time (-> fuel panel not configured correctly), some engines might run dry... Happened to me on my first flights on the PMDG 747

So make sure you only load the fuel using the PMDG tool and take care of your crossfeeds..

If you already do that, I have no clue why your engine keeps turning off.

No it was refuelled using the pmdg fuel I think its related to the rex software as I could restart the eng with out any problems I'm going to run the flight again without rex and see what happens

Pete Little