Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D_Dragon

D_Dragon's Boeing 737-800 home cockpit

After flying for quite some time where I bought more and more hardware (and software), I started thinking of building a more realistic cockpit. I made several drawings until I was finally satisfied. Today I broughr the sawplan to the DIY store and collected the panels a little later.

In the mean time I have started building the frame for my new cockpit. You can find a full report on my activities (wit pictures) on my site http://thair.nl/eng/?p=1088.

Greetings,

Theo.

Fortunately they do. It is my second one, I wore the first one completely down and it had to be replaced. The beam I am planing in the picture is a 2x4 of 160cm (64") long. I almost had to plane half of it of and it took me less than 5 minutes. Compare that to a 'manual' plane ;-)

Who needs 5-7K's worth of plastic panels when your a dab hand with a saw, eh?  B)

Nice, detailed work Theo.

Will be watching this build closly, thanks for posting :-)

Regards

Luke M

Don't think that I have lost my appetite for finishing my cockpit, but a little over a week ago I had a heart attack and was rushed to the hospital. At the moment I am back home but still recuperating and awaiting a tripple bypass in about four weeks. I don't think I will be able to work on the cockpit in the meantime, but you never know..

Greetings,

Theo.

:O

Sorry to hear that Theo

Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery - Get well soon.

Regards

Luke M

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

22%
    $5,540.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now