Sign in to follow this  
pbhead

Lets start over again

I have had problems with FSX so I deleted and re-installed. The Introduction Manual for the PMDG 737NGX advised to install FSX on a different directory than the default one so i tried to put it on c:éFSX but it didn`t work. I didn`t even get asked where I wanted to install and it went right back to the default. Also as per the Manual I tried to locate the Fsx.cfg file but could find it. I am not a computer whizz as you realise by now. So when I ran Fsx I got the strnage air frames instead of complete aircraft. I would like somebody to tell me in plain Englsih how to get to the Fsx.cfg file.

Hi pbhead

First off, it is a rule here within PMDG's Forums that you have to sign-off with your name. That's PMDG's own rules repeated only two weeks ago.

As regards your post, let me see if I can help you as follows:

• your Fsx.cfg file is here C:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Whatever name you gave your FSX folder when you installed it or in your case re-installed it, i.e. FSX or Microsoft Flight Sim, etc etc, et al

Try that and come back with your findings.

Good Luck

Go to the start menu and copy and paste this into the search bar:

%AppData%\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg

Then press enter.

How many topics are you going to create about the same issue?

Well someone's been busy...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

The forum is acting weird, i couldn't post earlier.