Sign in to follow this  
OMGBBQ32

Flight Toolkit Support and Questions

The other option is to delete the backup file it's having a issue with.

I've got an issue with the Addon Builder right now, it won't let me add an item. At first I thought it was just for a specific thing I was doing, but I've found that every addon it won't let me use the "Add Item" button on the bottom. Every time I try the Addon Builder crashes. 

There may be a bad addon, do a process of elmination.

What addon are you having trouble with. Might save us all down the road to know.

Moe

It could be any repaint addon that didn't setup right or just has bad code in it. It means you have to redo that addon if you're the repaint creator.

I found that if you put a space at the beginning or end of an addon name that it will cause the tools to crash in some cases.  I'm actually working on a new version of the tool that has several bug fixes and has a proper installer for detecting Steam installs of Flight.  Unfortunately it looks like I made a poor choice when I setup the file format for the addonSettings files, and I may have to break compatibility with the existing ones.  Luckily they are pretty easy to recreate.

What addon are you having trouble with. Might save us all down the road to know.

Moe

I found the addon that was giving me a hard time was a Clandestine Air Cargo repaint that a friend of mine made. I don't think he's made it public so you shouldn't have to worry. But this has really taught me something, I'm always going to test my addons to see if they work well. 

Sorry, that appears to be a bug in the tool.  Just rename that file to some other name and it should work.

Stone... I just got done e-mailing support at flighttoolkit then I seen this post.

History:

1. Perhaps I used CCcleaner a little too well. Flight started up but I was having problems with the Sign In.  Once I was able to get GFWL back up again I discovered in the download section, all of them showed "Download"  However, when I clicked on each button it then said installed as of yesterday's/today's date; all except for the Hawaii Pack.  Then when Flight was started before I even hit "Play" it started to add all of my achievements alphabetically...lol...(well not too funny)

2. Then I went to my hanger.  No addons.  I was showing the new ones I added just recently and all of the others however I was getting the error code:

"Failed to enable\disable addon(s).  Make sure Microsoft Flight is not running.  The file: 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XLive\DLC\4d5308d20000002A956054769629ED9F0159D73DBF23B351F59B829\Content\FileLocator.config.backup' already exsists.

3. Restarted laptop = nogo

4. I uninstalled(using Revo Uninstaller)/reinstalled all Flight Tools; started Flgiht, no liveries.

5. Started Flight Addon Manager = same error message when trying to unclick a livery.

That's where I am at so far.  Any help is appreciated.

Can you take me step by step on how to rename the file?  I am kinda a newbie on some of this :blink:

Gee tanks,
-fryer

Try uninstalling the toolkit and installing the beta of 0.6. It is supposed to fix that bug. You can see the details in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/413899-flight-toolkit-060-beta/

Stone... thanks bro. Worked like a charm! :Big Grin:

I un-ticked all of them and re-ticked them and now I have all of my planes back. (Whew!) I was hoping that I wouldn't have to install all of them again.

Statement: 1. Norton 360 flagged this program and I couldn't install it. So I disabled it for 15 mins. and then I was able to get it installed. Now I need to figure out how to flag that program as "safe".

2. Shouldn't this be on the main Flight Tools Download page? 

Question... when you load Flight Tools... does it come with all of the liveries? Or does the program automatically find the ones you had installed? I was kinda noticing that.

Thanks Stone for your help.

:p0503: Flyin' again, :p0503:

- fryer

The Flight Toolkit seems to interfere with my installation of Flight. When I have the Flight Toolkit installed, I get this message when I try to start the game:

Microsoft Flight encountered an error while initializing its systems. The program will now exit.

The error goes away when I uninstall the Toolkit.

What can I do to fix this?