Sign in to follow this  
OMGBBQ32

Flight Toolkit Support and Questions

@Basys: OK. Could you provide us with the screenshot of your GFWL Client, showing which DLC which you have downloaded? This is essental since I need to see which DLC you have brought to solve this problem. If DLC is removed you may lose some data from your profile, such as Aerocaches.

You don't need the Zero to be a Preview, once installed from the toolkit, the aircraft should be flyable, then you should be able to see it in your hangar. There is a clash of some sort with your .LIC files, but as Steve has mentioned, they are not readable. 

Finally, could you confirm that all the detail under "Settings" in the GFWL Client is correct?

basys, uninstall the zero from the GFWL marketplace client, then download it using the toolkit.

Steve's suggestion should work. But, what I'm planning on is a full re-install of the add-ons, so I need the screenshot to ensure that I know which DLC you own.  I thought that you were having problems with some more aircraft, other than the Zero?

If you download the Zero from the toolkit, the aircraft will be flyable, therefore, should come up in your Hangar!

Hi Folks

Kavinda -
Cheers for help & suggestions.    :good:

If DLC is removed you may lose some data from your profile, such as Aerocaches.

Not important, but for future ref, could you remind me please,
uninstalling which DLC, affects which aspects of a user's profile ?

All GFWL settings are correct.

EDIT -

You'd followed up whilst I was composing.

re GFWL Marketplace screenie,

do you require pre or post resolution GFWLM screenie ?

Steve -
Cheers, installing DLCs via FTK solved it.
All DLC now display correctly in both Hangar & Game.    :drinks:

In case you're not aware -

CTD - Flight Tool Kit v 1.0.0.37032

For DLC installed but not activated,
which has a dependency on available, but not yet installed, core content.

e.g. Addon "Lutwaffe P-51s" dependency on core "RED TAILS P-51"

Attempting activating the addon
spawns a dialog explaining the dependency on core content.

Clicking YES to install that core content,
causes Flight Tool Kit to CTD.

Installing via AVAILABLE works ok.
Obviously    :lol:

And a final thanks Steve,
as FTK elevating my P40 from Preview to Basic,
unlocked my final outstanding challenge.   :good:

Now gilded the entire set,
though could yet improve scores on various IFR Challenges.     :p0504:

HTH
ATB
Paul

Edited by basys

Great! You got it working!  :lol:

Some aspects of your profile may change when you uninstall and re-install DLC packs such as the Hawaiian Adv. Pack. Some requirements depend on this such as rewards (e.g. Fly-in event rewards), since there is confusion in the program. I've done this before! I re installed the Hawaiian Adv. Pack and there were several flashes at the bottom right of my screen with all of the rewards I have achieved! :P

Hi Folks

Kavinda -

Flashes are just the 'Toast', for each of your previously earned reward / achievement / etc.

They're displayed when your new PC based profile is being credited,

(automatically being synched with your online profile),

When you actually earn one, it displays for about 4 secs,

however the synch process is firing multiple per second at you,

hence the flashes

Here's a link to GFWLM screenie.

HTH

ATB
Paul

Thanks for the info, I hadn't actually known about the "synch process"....

I needed the screenshot to solve the problem that you were having. But nevermind now....

Have fun flying the Zero! 

Thanks Paul, I'll see if I can fix that CTD.  I've already got a couple other fixes primed for the next update.

hello,

i am wondering if it is possible to install the tool kit on windows XP?
Tried it on my other machine but it always quits istallation. Any help would be much appreciated.

No, it uses .NET 4.5.1 which I believe is not supported on Windows XP.

I believe you may be able to download the older 0.7 version from the website that might still work on XP but it has a lot less features.

yes .Net 4.5.1. is the problem. So i will give the older version a try, and thank you stonelance for the quick reply.

edit: and yes, 0.7 is working. Thank you!

I was just going to post the log from my failed attempt to install the latest version of your toolkit, but then I just read these last few posts. Me too I'm using win XP on my pc and I do have net framework 4.5. Installed all the latest updates available on windows update for .net and windows xp, hoping it would fix the problem, but it didn't. So does this 0.7 version of the toolkit allow us to save our profile details on our pc?

I was worried to lose stuff when Flight goes off-line for good.

By the way I have Flight on Steam with everything except the Zero and the P40.

So does this 0.7 version of the toolkit allow us to save our profile details on our pc?

I was worried to lose stuff when Flight goes off-line for good.

No... I believe it is the latest version which has this feature (v.1.0.0). It was only implemented recently.

I guess, you'd have to get onto a Win 7 machine to save your profile data. If you need any help, feel free to ask! 

If you cannot access a Win 7 machine, you can always get someone to do it for you! Just a thought....

Hope this helped!  ^_^  

Thanks for your support. No windows 7 for me, and no plans to update anytime soon. So I guess I'll just lose something when Flight goes offline.

Sorry Giorgio :(  I don't have a machine with XP on it, so I was unable to test my tools on it and decided to stop supporting it so I could move on to using some newer technologies in my tools.