Sign in to follow this  

Hello,  I just bought my flirst PMDG J41 Jetstream.  After downloading the aircraft.  In the VC cockpit panel, I keep seeing four pale blue flashing screens flashing in sequence.  The center point is in the center of the cockpit and occurs in each section of the screen.  Has anybody seen this before? Or knows how to make this fix for this software.

Thanks,

Jzatofl

Try to disable ice effects in VC in config panel. It should be in FSX's PMDG\JS41 folder. There was a lengthy discussion on this flashing at PMDG/Turboprops subforum.

Disable ice effects in the config manager, Be sure to start it as Run administrators.

Thanks,

Ron

In my experience you only need to disable icing effects from the cockpit view. I had the flashing, and turned the cockpit view icing off, but left the external icing view on and the flashing stopped.

YMMV

Mike

It's a bug. PMDG won't fix it.

It's a graphics resource overload in FSX (which is a few months shy of being a 7 year old program, please remember that), not something we can fix. If it were our bug everyone would be seeing it, not just a handful of people. The same code for it runs on everyone's machine.

The only "fix" is to disable the rain and icing effects that everyone always begs for - those use up a huge number of polys and animations and lead to the resource overload. The option is there in the config manager to turn them off if you experience this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It's a graphics resource overload in FSX (which is a few months shy of being a 7 year old program, please remember that), not something we can fix. If it were our bug everyone would be seeing it, not just a handful of people. The same code for it runs on everyone's machine.

The only "fix" is to disable the rain and icing effects that everyone always begs for - those use up a huge number of polys and animations and lead to the resource overload. The option is there in the config manager to turn them off if you experience this.

Ryan:  Thanks for clearing this up (again). I own the J41 and had this problem. There is a big difference between a company not being able to resolve an issue and just ignoring one. PMDG took on the challenge of the rain effect and as you have said many times a lot of things are a trade off. I will keep the awesome aircraft with the awesome performance.

Thanks for all you do.

Ron 

The other fix, is of course spend $$$ on new hardware. Processors, Motherboards, Video Cards etc. My older system had this issue, my new one doesn't. Didn't even tweak anything.

I know this is an old topic. I just purchased this plane and am having the same issue as stated by the op. I tried turning of icing to no avail although that may need to be tested further for sure. I know my hardware is up to the task. Was there anything else to be tried that anyone knows of? Thanks ahead for any help!

It‘s not that the hardware cant handle it, it already could in 2013. but FSX was released with a huge amount if bugs and a very old code... remember, not only it was 32 bit but also using only one core of your cpu. There may be some tweaks that could help you, I remember that I got rid of it somehow... google for affinitymask... make sure you have the highmemfix and so on, there are long lists of tweaks that improve fsx...

I turned of the icing in the plane. Went to medium level instead of high and that seemed to do the trick. Shame to lose it but at least the flickering stopped. I'll give the other things a shot and see if icing can go back in but if not I love the plane and can live without it. Rhanks for the help and answer! ☺

Apparently I had just missed one of the icing settings the first time.