Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

External Flight Planners compatible with PMDG 747 QOTS

Anybody know if FSBuild or one of the other FS external flight planner tools will create flight plans that can be used in the PMDG 747 Queen of the Skies for FS9?

Im late to this party, but am starting to dig into the details hard....RTFM big time.

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Flight Sim Commander will do the job for you. I think FS Build will too have cannot comment on it as It is such a long, long time ago since I last used it.

FSbuild can build flightplans for PMDG 747. Very very good piece of software for FS :D

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

VRoute Premium will also do the job Eric.

They also have a de-featured free edition (VRoute) which will give you some ideal of the layout, facilities et al.

Thanks.  I bought FSBuild.  A bit expensive in my view, but I'll give it a work out!

Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Eric:

Here's a tip sheet I wrote for using FSBuild 2.4 along with ATC and other issues not accented in the user manual.:

I highly suggest you update the AIRAC at least one time so your FSBuild data and 747 FMC data is in sync. Data is both available from navigraph.com and Aerosoft's NavDataPro. For each subscription period you are allowed as many formats as you require without extra charges. I just checked and a one-time update from Navdata Pro is about $10 so that's your total cost for FSBuild and the PMDG products plus any other compatible products for that period.

Explore FSB's interaction with the Active Sky products for timing and fuel planning. You can usually find an aircraft performance profile fairly close to  your model or create your own.