Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

Can i connect 2 PC with USB O7 ?

Good day

Can any One tell me is it possible to connect to Computers ( Both have O7 ) on them using a USB cable ??

I have the USB cable and i did connect them but nothing happened , if any one can give some guide lines please

I am running to many Apps with FSX so i decided to run some of them on my Old Laptop

thank you

Best way to do this is via your network, this is how simconnect and FSUIPC operate IIRC.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

Ok i dont get this

I have Both of my Computers on the same network and yet when i try to connect it asks me for a Password there is no password and still cant connect whats up with windows 7

can any one tell me

thanks

I just set up a second computer a few days ago and I'm using a LAN cable to connect them.  Both are W7 like yours.  On the password deal go to your Network and Sharing Center and once there, click on Advanced Sharing Settings.  Scroll down towards the bottom to Password Protected Sharing and ensure both computers are set to off.  It did take a little trial and error to get my network set up properly since I've never done it before, but it's working great now.

Chris Sunseri

Thanks for the reply , yes you are right    (Pinlifter ) it was that when i unchecked the       Password Protected Sharing  it worked  But now i just need to find the correct network path it looks like i am looking every where except  the Folder that I Need  

if i may ask why did you go LAN ? and what is the difference ?  i am just new in this that why i ask

thanks

I had done a little research prior to connecting the 2nd computer and nearly everything I read mentioned a LAN crossover cable to make it work.  I had a 6 or 8 foot piece in a box somewhere, so it was just a matter of finding it.  I'm really not sure if there would be any difference between a LAN or USB cable, but sounds like you have just about got it.

I use the 2nd computer mainly for Aivlasoft EFB, which gives me a few frame rates back by running FSX full screen and it works like a champ.

Chris Sunseri

if i may ask why did you go LAN ? and what is the difference ? i am just new in this that why i ask thanks

USB connections are designed to connect a single computer with peripherals such as external hard drives, keyboards, mice, printers and scanners etc. An ethernet LAN is designed to connect multiple computers. They are two different technologies with different purposes.

ok thank you for the INFO

that is exactly what i want to do is run EFB on the other PC so how would i run the crossover cable ? each computer has one connecter and one of them is online

do you have a tutorial ??

forgive me but first time doing this :)

just an update

so i was searching on line on how to connect 2 computers with a crossover cable so i cam across this

the guy is just on drugs or something  and the comments are funny

can any one help me with a TUT for the crossover cable and please be conscious please not like the kid in the video

Will you be running Aivlasoft EFB on your other computer?

Chris Sunseri

You said above that you have both computers on the same network, can you describe this in more detail? Is it setup something like what is described in the Ethernet description here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/what-you-need-setup-home-network

If they are already on the same network, there is no need to get into cross-over cables as the computers are already connected. It sounds like the issue is with network or security settings in Windows somewhere. Did you use the same user name and password on both machines?

One is hooked with a Ethernet cable and the laptop is hooked wireless  , and they can both see  each-other

but when i started EFB display on the laptop it took for ever to load so i just stopped it

and i dont know what you are talking about same password and user name,   i did not do this step  can you explain goates

thanks

you will need to log onto the other pc, so go to network, see the icon of the pc you wish to connect to, click it, enter the name, then password. you will need to do that every time you want to use EFB, I always have to.