Sign in to follow this  
rspaans

Need help with Carenado G1000 and Autopilot

I am flying the Carenado C182T. Just learning the G1000 because I started out with default GA aircraft learning VOR to VOR navigation. The carenado manual for the G1000 is not an effective tutorial. I have loaded an approach to an airprot, and the CDI is tracking the correct direction, The CDI is set to GPS, but when I turn the Autopilot on and engage NAV mode it does not track to the highlighted waypoint. I thought that the NAV mode should track to the CDI whenever it is engaged. I would really appreciate help with this problem, and more generally if someone could direct me to a good tutorial on the G1000 it would be greatly appreciated.

RDS

P.S., I have emailed Carenado Support a couple of ties, and their responses are brief and incomplete. They have helped me a bit, but for the most part I get the impression that they have no patience for my questions.

From what I believe I read above you are failing to switch the CDI  function to VLOC from GPS.  I don't have the model so I do not know how to accomplish that with the G1000.  You'll likely get quicker response from someone who knows if you post this in the C182 section in the Unofficial Carenado forum here on Avsim.  

Here is where to go:

http://forum.avsim.net/forum/563-ct182t-skylane-hd-series-fsxp3d/

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Here is a link to a tutorial on this subject.  You can click ahead on the video player's timeline bar to skip the part about the sectional maps if you wish.  The G1000 specific content starts about 1/3 rd of the way through the clip.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere