Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dee Waldron

What are some of your other hobbies?

Guest ba747heavy

At the risk of sounding like a fanatical maniac bent on killing people....(which is decidedly not true and a sad reality of how the American Political Left has skewed public perseption of an innoncent, and useful hobby)I enjoy shooting firearms. My dad and I share that hobby, of course, it is more his than mine, but still :)I also enjoy hunting, something that I haven't been able to do much, sadly enough.I also enjoy plastic models, but I do not often get to build models(much to my chagrin).

Guest glnflwrs

My main hobby, other than simming, is actual flight. I have a SEL and go about twice a month when the funds are available. I've been flying since 1979 and have almost 3500 hrs.Other interests are playing hard rock bass in a decent garage band, classic rock 6-string guitar, and listening to hard rock. If it's too loud, you're too old.And, brunettes.Too much is never enough.Glenn

Interesting Topic :DHere I go...Speed sailing, paintballing, Biking, swimming, ...that pretty much skirts it...boring life.... :-lol I'm not sure how I ever came to do sailing though... flying...sailing....flying....sailing....flying...sailing.... :-hmmmJason :-wave

Guest drobson

Woodworking, building/re-building computers. Just getting into R/C aircraft. Yardwork, fishing.Darrell

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings!Before my deteriorating neurological system made it too difficult for me, I did a lot of target shooting and action shooting. Right now I'm into the more sedate stuff, like (reading about) physical anthropology, archeology, history... that kind of thing.Jaap Verduijn.

Guest estevesm

My other hobbies are: Snowboarding, Mountain Biking and the best way to fly: skydiving! Actually that's what drove me into aviation. I used to sim in FS 4 and a friend of mine invited me to skydive. It was not really expensive and easy and I could experience flight by myself...

Kiset modelling, mainly 1/48th and 1/32nd modern US Aircraft. I've got a modest collection (No where near your 400 JP! I have to say collecting models is a hobby in its self!). You ought to post some of them in the Scale Models forum JP, I'd be interested to see some :)I'm also into a variety of gaming, such as Medal of Honor, Blackhawk Down etc. I also enjoy aircraft spotting.. nothing beats the smell of Av Gas!

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

My other big hobby (might be a profession if I get lucky) is music - I've played guitar for close to 14 years and have actually done some professional transcribing work for Warner Bros. Publications.I play in a progressive rock band and some of my big influences as far as players go are Eddie Van Halen, John Petrucci (Dream Theater) Steve Vai, and James Hetfield (Metallica).If anyone else plays and is curious, here's my current gear list:Guitars:Ernie Ball/Music Man John Petrucci 6-string - Carbon Blue PearlIbanez JPM100 P2Ernie Ball/Music Man EVH - Translucent GoldAmps:Peavey 5150 half stackLine6 Vetta ComboStudio Gear:Digidesign Digi001 computer recording system with ProTools 5.3Roland XV-2020 synthesizer moduleM-Audio Radium 61-key MIDI controllerLine6 PODxt amp modeler/direct recording deviceSony MDR-7509 studio headphonesRyan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

stunt kite flying - I fly a quad line stunt kite, yes thats correct you can actually get kites with 4 lines on them, its tons of funbongo drumsminiature wargammingciao!Brian S

Ciao!

My hobby used to be playing drums which I quit a couple of years ago. Now besides flightsimulation, I like photography very much and have invested a lot of time and money in this hobby.You can check out a site that I working on:www.spaanlo.nl/gallery/4images

Guest Icelandic_Canadian

Well, I wouldn't say FS is a hobby at all, but it can be fun at times. Mainly I play tennis (and coach it), golf, go skiing, and I am into kickboxing. Tennis is my best and fave sport. I love sports. I used to play hockey but now I'm 21 and didn't want a future in that, not to mention I wasn't good enough :(I take my work home a lot - the advertising is great, I love art as well. So making up ads for newspapers and magazines is just awesome. I like to write! I write poems, songs, and for Hawkair's in-flight magazine.I also sing - mostly r&b and pop kinda stuff. Two weeks ago I got offered a contract to tour North America starting this September for 10 months. So I may end up doing that for a while! Would be kinda fun, right? :D And when time permits, and I usually make the time, I chill with ma boyz 'n ma ladies and go out clubbin once in a while! Oh man i do too much don't i? haha I'm only 21! I'm allowed, right? ;)Local Air is Better Air- www.hawkair.ca

Outside of simming and scenery creation (Fly!/Fly!II), I am a former professional musician (classically-trained vocalist and instrumentalist), and still enjoy playing and singing. I am a bass-baritone vocalist, with other backgrounds in French Horn, piano, etc. My favorite personal instrument would be my 12-string guitar (Guild).Other hobbies have included: real-world flying (ended in the 70s due to career, money, marriage, etc.), photography (film and digital) including color darkroom work, sports cars, and working with (and playing with) computers.

Randall Rocke

Guest Dee Waldron

I also enjoy scale modeling. My collection is all about civil air transport though (airliners). The more classic, the better. I have quite a collection of DC-8's and 707's (no surprise there...). I also have a very rare Hawk Models Convair 880. I could go on and on about this. ;)Dee Waldron (HJG)