Sign in to follow this  
FlyDelta

FS9 Help

It's been a while since I started a topic on this forum so let me summarize what has happened recently. After buying a graphics card because of autogen no spawning in the distance and an overall bad look on FS9 (Yes, I did all the CFG tweaks and added GEX REX GEPro all that) and did not see any improvements. So, I switched to FSX. I like the looks and all and frames are decent (10-40FPS), I miss FS9 and the fact that I am not worried about FPS and if theyre there, because I know they are. FSX seemed a little too sluggish for me. After a fresh install of FS9 I did notice better frames from when I just added the card, but still, autogen doesnt spawn until within about a mile. I have tried the tweaks to CFG and all but no cure. I am running all max and my 7750 is only at 50% and PC at 55%. One last time I will ask is there anything I can do to get autogen to spawn in about a 30 mile radius at least like FSX seems to do? All the YouTube videos of FS9 have beautiful terrain and buildings and autogen off in the horizon while I have dull, brown, blurry crap...

Here you can see, nothing crisp or clear and almost NO autogen. Just brown.

Once again. Even the payware airport textures seem blurred...

What does it look like if you don't use the photoreal textures?

If you want autogen, turn off the photoreal.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

What does it look like if you don't use the photoreal textures? If you want autogen, turn off the photoreal. regards,Joe

More autogen, but still that same brown stuff after about a 1 mile radius. I know my system can handle having autogen cover to the horizon. It does in FSX, I don't see why it wouldn't here. Anyways, the photorealistic isn't very "photo real" either. Just brown muck.

Photo real scenery rarely looks good as it's often taken from Google Earth which in itself is not usually very sharp nor are the colours convincing. I've often deleted same for these reasons.

It does in FSX, I don't see why it wouldn't here.

2 different sims, 2 different scenery engines.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif