Sign in to follow this  
OmarNg7X

BlueSphere ENB for Flight

BlueSphere is by far my favorite ENB setting. It was created by Tim from Real Environment Extreme, a weather and environmental upgrade for FSX which many of you are probably already familiar with. For me this ENB is a must because it adds such beautiful colors and brightness that make Flight or FSX look pale without it. Shadows also look deeper.

I invite anyone who's interested to try this out. I was amazed by how everything looked a lot more 'alive'. I've made just a few minor changes like the value of color saturation (original value is -4). Other than that, it's all his work. 

Here's the link for downloading:https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbjtbn32sg32f78/BlueSphereENB_FLIGHT.zip. To make it work, simply paste the three files inside the main Flight folder and press Shift+F12 to activate it. If it doesn't work, Alt+Tab to the desktop and then go back to the game (more than once if necessary). For more information see this topic from Jeroen: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/380614-enb-for-flight/

A few images from Flight. The top picture is Flight with ENB disabled and the bottom one with it enabled.

201333122027996.png
201333122026388.png

2013331215039105.png
2013331215041649.png

2013331215142215.png
2013331215144386.png

Some more...

20133312279886.png

201333123143554.png

201333121574573.png

Also, if you set usePaletteTexture=0 in the color correction section, the night will become a lot darker. I tried an ILS approach with the RV with stormy weather with almost 0 visibility at night. I have to say it was quite a challenge but very fun!!

2013410443245.png

ENB disabled, then enabled at night:
2013410745318.png
2013410747947.png

Let me know what you think!

Interesting, I never saw this thread when it was first posted. Since I am struggling to get FSX off the ground the last thing I need is something to make Flight look even better!

Nice. Made the changes to the .ini recommended in Jeroen's thread and some nice subtle changes to the lighting. I like!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Well this is interesting, while I love Flight and it's graphics for the most part, I have always thought it was just a little on the dark side, looks like this brightens things up a bit.

I may have to give this a try, thanks for sharing!

I never could get ENB to work EVER!!!! I really want to get it to work. I'll install it and see if it works now... cause this looks AMAZING!!!

If memory serves me right, ENB caused problems with the detail textures on the ground and a few other areas.

The pictures look nice for the most part on the ground scenery, but it is doing terrible things to the sky and water color...

A post process to do some contrast and exposure adjustment was one of the things our art director really wanted, but we never had time to get it done.

• Upvote 1

@@stonelance

You make me wonder if Microsoft opens Flight development again, will you guys be invited back?

About the skies... could we tweak ENB to make it better? Or do we have to use a different piece of software to make both the ground and skies look better?

I never could get ENB to work EVER!!!! I really want to get it to work. I'll install it and see if it works now... cause this looks AMAZING!!!

Usually at first it doesn't work for me either until you alt+tab to the desktop and return to the game. You might have to do this more than once until it works. Also, make sure the three ENB files are placed under the main Flight directory under C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Microsoft Flight

Well this is interesting, while I love Flight and it's graphics for the most part, I have always thought it was just a little on the dark side, looks like this brightens things up a bit.

I may have to give this a try, thanks for sharing!

It's a nice addition for Flight, I would highly recommend you give it a try  :wink: I can't be without it now!

(made a mistake. Sorry for double posting...)

@@OmarNg7X what about the MS version because it ain't working for me? I got the files from the zip folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight. I keep seeing something about a .ini file but all I see in the zip folder is .bmp, .dll, and a config settings file.

Is there something I'm missing?

This is what I learned. ENB does not go well with my computer. In FSX, it shows a thick black line through my screen. In Flight, it does not show anything, not even the black line I see in FSX. All I know is that in the menu, when i turn it on, there's a large white box on my screen, and when i turn it off, everything's normal.

Anything I can do?

@@OmarNg7X what about the MS version because it ain't working for me? I got the files from the zip folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight. I keep seeing something about a .ini file but all I see in the zip folder is .bmp, .dll, and a config settings file.

Is there something I'm missing?

In either version, these files should be placed in the same directory where the flight.exe is located. I think it's the path you mentioned.

Don't worry, you're not missing anything. The config settings file is called enbseries.ini. They are the same thing. So in the folder the three files are d3d9.dll, enbpalette.bmp, and enbseries.ini (the config settings file).

Try this:

Alt+tab to the desktop and return to the game. You might have to do this more than once until it works.

You should see a text in the top left of the screen. It indicates that ENB is functioning.

Make sure you're not running with dual monitors. I think ENB is not compatible with this setup.

Have you tried Shift-F12? 

If still it doesn't work try with Jeroen's more subtle configuration here: http://forum.avsim.n...enb-for-flight/

This is what I learned. ENB does not go well with my computer. In FSX, it shows a thick black line through my screen. In Flight, it does not show anything, not even the black line I see in FSX. All I know is that in the menu, when i turn it on, there's a large white box on my screen, and when i turn it off, everything's normal.

Anything I can do?

Remove the palette and see if it helps. Or else, test with Jeroen's ENB to make sure the problem is not withing this bluesphere configuration.

I couldn't imagine any reason for why you're experiencing a large white box. Can you provide a screenshot?

@@OmarNg7X I've done all of that and the files are in the folder with the flight.exe and when I hit shift+F12 I get no text at all. Also, I am running flight on single display.