Sign in to follow this  
OmarNg7X

BlueSphere ENB for Flight

@@OmarNg7X I've done all of that and the files are in the folder with the flight.exe and when I hit shift+F12 I get no text at all. Also, I am running flight on single display.

Did you ever restart Flight after copying the files?

Yes, and I restarted the computer as well. Is there any video cards that this won't support, or anything in the config file I should change?

I have read several posts on the matter. Make sure you're on fullscreen, run Flight as administrator, some people forget to place d3d9.dll in the directory. Your video card should support shader model 3, change the useEffect value to "true" in the GLOBAL section. 

Just in case, you should post a screenshot of your Flight directory so I can have a look at it.

I can't think of any other reason why it shouldn't work. Have in mind that this mod doesn't work on all systems. There can be several other reasons why this may not work like drivers, OS, hardware can all play into the result.

Also, it seems that some users with old cards/specs have problems running ENB. Make sure your drivers are updated.

Best of luck!

Make sure you Alt-Tab out of Flight and back in, not just restart the program.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

ok, now it works, might be a good idea to run in fullscreen :wacko:

ok, now it works, might be a good idea to run in fullscreen :wacko:

I'm glad it's working for you now. Enjoy!! 

Make sure you're not running with dual monitors. I think ENB is not compatible with this setup.

There's my problem, but I'm not going to go through the painstaking task of removing the monitor. I will try ENB someday, just not now then.

ENB never work for my rig, but luckily sweetFX do. With a little tweak with the color contrast, it work just like the pictures posted by OP. Glad someone enjoy the richness but is a little unrealistic flying with that color tone. Thanks for sharing tho.

Make sure you're not running with dual monitors. I think ENB is not compatible with this setup.

This would not work for me then, I use a two monitor setup running Flight in windows mode so I have access to my second monitor, where I put GMap and other things.

Looks nice though.

Having spent a bit of time with this in both Alaska and Hawaii I would strongly recommend it if you can get it to work.

It does seem to be a bit temperamental (sometimes won't toggle back on with shift+f12 so have to alt tab out and in to Flight again, button which is bound to flaps down on my joystick sometimes switches ENB off etc...) but it works for the most part for me and is a very nice effect.

(With Jeroen's .ini settings) Contrast between light and shadow is greater so cockpit shadows and under-wing shadows are darker, bloom effect is strengthened so snow textures in Alaska seem to actually have a bit of glare on them, haze seems thicker where present and the dark at dawn or dusk is amazing.

All in all a very good effect for my particular sense of visual realism so I'm very pleased. Haven't noticed any texture corruption or other adverse effects.

This sim really does offer the most visually realistic experience sometimes. I actually found myself almost gasping at points and had to look outside the screen to remind myself it was just a game (or just look at the roads and see the complete lack of traffic :)

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yea me too. Only I operate 3 monitors. One is Flight in windowed mode, the other one has GMap and the third is on a different PC running GMap Viewer(so that manipulating it does not kick Flight's sound off).

Moe

Well this thread is about a year and a half old, and it looks like Omar hasn't been online since June.  I recommend you PM them, or you may be waiting an extremely long time...