Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Ron Attwood - Member of the Month for April

We take a great deal of pleasure in announcing that Ron is our Member of the Month for April. At 71 years young, Ron was unanimously voted in by the forum staff of AVSIM as our April MOTM. Ron has contributed both in the forums and as a re-painter of his favorite a/c of the moment, providing downloads in the library to hundreds of fans around the world. Ron's dry wit and acerbic (cough) view of the world has been both entertaining and enlightening to all of us. As a flatlander in the U.K., Ron is both a true friend and a serious contributor to our hobby and our pleasure. Congratulations Ron!

P.S. Anybody but me notice that his hats have disappeared in his image and now his hair is somewhat darker than his beard? You would have thought that a re-painter of Ron's stature would have at least used the color picker to also repaint his beard to match his 30'ish looking hair piece. :Thinking: 

See the citation and read the note on the MOTM notice at the bottom of the Forum Index Page.

We take a great deal of pleasure in announcing that Ron is our Member of the Month for April.

What is this an April Fools joke..... :lmao:

Just Joking my friends. Congratulations Ron. I agree it has been fun hanging out with you on here. You have a great sense of humour.

All the best

Matthew Kane

What is this an April Fools joke..... :LMAO:

I thought Ron's award of MOTM on this date was rather, well, appropriate. :Nerd:

Acerbic eh? rtfm.gif Ah!  How strange that being 'acerbic' in one forum gets you Brownie points and on another it could get you BANNED! :blink:

Thank you very much for this magnificent honour. My mother, had she been alive, would have been proud. My wife, who IS alive, is not so easily impressed. :(

I'll try not to let it change me.

Cheers, Ron

P.S. Is the colour OK? :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Congratulations Ron!

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Congrats Ron, well deserved!

23.png

Well Done, Ron. Thoroughly deserved. And everything Tom has said in his opening post, is spot-on.

I'll try not to let it change me.

P.S. Is the colour OK?

Seems it already has.   :lol:

Congratulations Ron!! This gives some of us younger kids (68) something to look up to!!! :lol:  :rolleyes:  PS: At least you have hair, mine is gone!!!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

Congrats, Ron! You really deserve it.

Hey nice one Ron. A well deserved accolade for someone who always brings a little bit of dry humour to the forum. Cheers matey...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776