Sign in to follow this  
aobt14

6 fps?

Hello,

I just purchased P3 this evening to see if if would run better on my system. Unfortunately, with everything on maximum, I am only getting 6 fps out of the gate? In addition, the game will not let me adjust the display resolution. I selected the proper size yet nothing happens. My cpu is only showing around 22% usage and my graphics card around 25%.

Could I have a corrupted install?

If you see the picture below, everything looks out of focus. In addition, the menu goes in and out of focus.

P3start_zps1c0c9147.png

April's Fool?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Now, being serious about your problem:

1) You're using the wide-view mode. You can revert back to normal model under the Graphic settings menu.

2) Although P3D has much fresher code than FSX, this doesn't mean that some of the "tweaks" applied to FSX CFG file can't / shouldn't be applied to P3D as well. I am using the:

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Poolsize=0

and the

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=<number that suits your system, 14 in my case because I use an i5-2500 with no hyperthreading)

I also decided to try an MS fix ( MicrosoftFixit50496.msi ).

I do not have all of the sliders at their MAX extremes, but most are. I am also using AS2012, and the Aerosoft AirbusX Extended as well as other add-ons which used to be heavy in my FSX Gold install.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...