Sign in to follow this  
ampharoah

3 Screen FSX Install

Hi,

Can anyone advise please. I am in the process of uninstalling and re-installing FSX in an effort to track down the culprit add-on that giving me BEX StackHash crash to desktop errors.

I had another issue with my first FSX install, namely that on my 3 screens, the cockpits were zoomed right in and i couldn't pull back to get a wide cockpit view. It was as if the whole picture had been scaled up and I was looking at it through a narrow slit.

When I uninstalled and re installed a second time, I got a different view. This time the install process splash screens were stretched across all three screens (not in a small window as previously) and when I ran FSX free flight, I suddenly had the perfect wide angle, pull back, zoom in view in the cockpit.

Sadly I have had to do another uninstall/re-install of FSX, having discovered that REX appears to be my crash to desktop culprit, but now the FSX install screens are back in windowed mode and the free flight view is back to zoomed right in again. 

Does anyone know what I did differently in my second install (by happy accident) cos that's how I need to install/ set up FSX. i.e. is there a right way to install FSX for 3 monitor systems t achievth same view asonescreenbut with wider perspectve? I know its out there somewhere cos it  installed that way once for me, but how!?.

Thanks in hopeful anticipation.

Andrtew

I'm away from my pc at present but I had the zoomed in problem it turned out in cfg you have to ensure widescreenview=true I believe there are two cfgs where this has to=true one may be in appdata or something like that can't check at present but let me know if that dosnt solve and I will look it up later. I run on a nvidia surround and that sorted it for me

Regards

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11