Sign in to follow this  
doorstep

Your vote counts

Who would buy an MD-11 updated version  

279 members have voted

1. 1. I would definately buy an NGX version update for the MD-11

• Yes without a doubt.
    • No, I'm not interested.

Voted No.  What is the old adage,  You can lead a horse to PMDG but it doesn't mean they will buy an MD-11???  For me I connect with an aircraft, second who makes it as an addon, third is cost.  I think a lot of other people feel the same way, if they have never flown on an MD-11 or maybe never ever saw one for that fact (after all there is only 250 ever built); they will not say WOW I have to get that plane.  There are a few 787s out there, but from companies I know that will not live up to my expectations so I am waiting.  A lot of us are fans of PMDG, but the average simmer may not appreciate the complexity we love.

I can understand why PMDG does not want to update the MD-11, it does not make financial sense.  When I wrote this only around 130 people even replied, most were negative; that leaves 62 saying yes.  62 times $50 is ~$3100, probably doesn't even cover the cost of the internet usage of hosting their website for two months.  Kind of like Boeing trying to sell 747s to the real world right now.  While many passengers and Boeing have a love of the 747, not a lot of customers want it.  They would rather wait for the new 777x-9.  We can hope someone comes along and starts making the 747-8 popular, but if not then I imagine Boeing will close the books on the 747 because it makes good business sense.  If PMDG does see a business sense, of course I will be in line.

Yes guys, your votes count cause PMDG is a democracy.

Oh, wait....no they're not

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

At the same time, if they showed up tomorrow and a couple million voted yes, then they'd be remiss to not do it.  So, democracy no, but not entirely misguided.

The likelihood of that happening, however...

Kyle Rodgers

AA did fly the MD-11 as did DAL so you can do some historic flights or stick with KLM, if there was a PMDG quality DC-10 I'd be doing a ton of old school United routes. 

I have actually done a lot of MD-11 flying in the AA livery too. I mostly did 777 routes with it but also did some 767 routes too.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Yes guys, your votes count cause PMDG is a democracy.

Oh, wait....no they're not

Wat da hell are you talking about??? It has absolutely nothing to do with democracy. PMDG is a private company, and as such they want to make profit. Don't fool yourself thinking that they are in this market just because they love flight sim and the community. These people devote a good amount of their time, energy and some of their own money into developing their products, and you bet they won't be doing it for free.

Matheus Mafra

Wat da hell are you talking about??? It has absolutely nothing to do with democracy. PMDG is a private company, and as such they want to make profit. Don't fool yourself thinking that they are in this market just because they love flight sim and the community. These people devote a good amount of their time, energy and some of their own money into developing their products, and you bet they won't be doing it for free.

Actually, I think you both are on the same page. The poster you were referring to, essentially, said this thread was a waste by the OP.

My opinion is you don't get what you don't ask for.

I also think that people who think saying know will magically speed up PMDG's development time are quite wrong. I don't know when we, the current simmers, or PMDG migrate to a new flight sim platform, but at the current rate of development speed, I don't think it matters one bit. Even if they say they would do a MD11 v2, the development time is still lengthy. I'd say we won't see all of the current announced products till 2015. That's almost a decade after FSX was released.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Just making a joke. Geezus....

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Yes, PMDG will base their business decisions on a poll started in a forum where a handful of people will vote . That handful speaks for their thousands of customers. The title of this made me giggle so thanks for the laugh.

Richie Walsh

The thing is the current MD11 is a superlative aircraft and can hold its own against the ngx in all departments - sure the textures are not as crisp but as a flying machine it has a special charm to it.

yeah i would buy the upgrade in a heartbeat IF PMDG decided to produce a v2 but that is an enourmous IF!

The thing is the current MD11 is a superlative aircraft and can hold its own against the ngx in all departments - sure the textures are not as crisp but as a flying machine it has a special charm to it.

yeah i would buy the upgrade in a heartbeat IF PMDG decided to produce a v2 but that is an enourmous IF!

I'll buy two if it helps  :P

1. In the unlikely event that PMDG did make a "NGX" version (if that even makes sense ?) Why would anybody NOT buy it ? I'm sure there were many who did not like the 737, but bought it anyway because it was THAT good.

2. Just because you posted some "poll" doesn't really mean anything, PMDG has already said many times that the MD-11 was not a good SELLER.

3. This is like the 4th time you've complained about the MD-11, be happy with what you got, eh?

Look,

why doesn't any of you just go ahead, get some eighty grand together, and go to PMDG like "Hey, here, take this and update the MD-11. You let me have the proceeds (minus direct costs such as download traffic) until my investment is returned, the rest goes to you".

I will even lend you the money on a very good interest rate, it is not like I have much else to do with them these days.

Or does it suddenly NOT seem like such a good idea for some reason?

Come on, I mean it. WHY don't you try this, any of these 110 guys?

My opinion 

With the kind of performance PMDG is giving us......if they ever release a newer NGX with higher specifications everyone will purchase with no hesitation......Also I think PMDG is dominating the market now with no real competition -with all do respect to other products-......If they upgrade the MD-11 it will be great, awesome and every one will like ......to me it's not only a wish :)....... it's kind of obligation to the fans, hobby & customers. 

Best regards 

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Here is a question, lets say by the time 747v2 comes around, it has a lot of cool gadgets and features that aren't in any of the current releases.  Are folks then going to be asking PMDG to update the NGX to those standards?

Ultimately it would never end.  New projects bring new features and continually raise the bar.  That is why A2A is reluctant to upgrade the P-47, because by the time the F-4 is released, it will have loads more features than any of the current releases.  How many will be asking them to bring up their current top of the line favorite P-51 to those standards.

That probably won't be an issue. The way I understand it they are designing everything from NGX on in a similar way so they can make smaller updates more easily. They will be more common with each other so some updates will apply to all the newer planes.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg