Hi guys, I have a BIG problem. My FSX always crashes to desktop while not in Compatibility Mode in Win7. I know there is a big difference between running FSX without compatibility. I have some extra FPS while not in mode, but it is not stable. When I push the Windows button to go to the desktop, crashes. I have the proper version of UIAutomationCore.dll in main FSX folder. It runs perfect while in mode without GSX (because it can't run in mode, that is known) Many people said that, there is no need to enable compatibility mode. I know, I know. But if you can, say this for my FSX. I'm using ENB without Bloom enabled (know problem), Radar Contact v4.3

If it helps I have the application report here:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: d3d9.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x48751493
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00006d1c
Faulting process id: 0x105c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce2f85c6095353
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\d3d9.dll
Report Id: 42f11abe-9b7d-11e2-9054-001167c2cf0a

AND the Windows Error Reporting:

Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.61637.0
P3: 46fadb14
P4: d3d9.dll
P5: 1.0.0.1
P6: 48751493
P7: c0000005
P8: 00006d1c
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG.txt
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dxdiag.txt
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fdr.dat
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\WER6AD8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_27134a8cd33aacfe9a3c3146f095d8e06b769f_0b6778dc

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 42f11abe-9b7d-11e2-9054-001167c2cf0a
Report Status: 1

Can anyone help me, finally?

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

I have some extra FPS while not in mode, but it is not stable

This shouldn't be the case, you should never run FSX.exe in any Compatibility mode. It won't "fix" the fatal errors that are being caused.

I have the proper version of UIAutomationCore.dll in main FSX folder

This has nothing to do with the G3D.dll crash that you received. Uiautomationcore.dll is for menu crashes.

Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed, (4.8 or later), and make sure you are using FSX native airplane models, and textures.

Your crash was caused by the ENB module.  You will have to remove the d3d9.dll from your main FSX folder and the enb.ini.  There are some who are not having any problems with this module so you will have to do some searching in the FSX forum to find one who has that "perfect" setup for the ENB Module.

Have you tried SweetFX?  I heard it is a replacement for the ENB module and is better.  There's a long thread about it in the FSX forum.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Your crash was caused by the ENB module.  You will have to remove the d3d9.dll from your main FSX folder and the enb.ini.  There are some who are not having any problems with this module so you will have to do some searching in the FSX forum to find one who has that "perfect" setup for the ENB Module.

Have you tried SweetFX?  I heard it is a replacement for the ENB module and is better.  There's a long thread about it in the FSX forum.

Best regards,

Jim

First of all I wanna say Thank You :)

I heard about SweetFX but I really don't know how to configure to look same as my ENB does. I thought that ENB was causing the crashes but I believed that somehow it can be fixed. I tried that SweetFX but I did not know how to install that properly, so it wasn't working - maybe I screwed up something there. Does that replaces ENB completely, so shall I get the same look without crashes?

Maybe if someone has time to explain the installation process and settings, I will be here.

This shouldn't be the case, you should never run FSX.exe in any Compatibility mode. It won't "fix" the fatal errors that are being caused.

This has nothing to do with the G3D.dll crash that you received. Uiautomationcore.dll is for menu crashes.

Make sure you have the latest version of FSUIPC installed, (4.8 or later), and make sure you are using FSX native airplane models, and textures.

Thanks for your answer.

IF I change FSX.exe for compatibility mode my crashes disappear, but with mode on I can't use GSX, only without mode. But I have a airport what hasn't got AES support at this time. 

Balint Szarka

There are two large threads in the FSX forum relating to SweetFX.  It has been discussed to death there.  One was the announcement that it was available and the other one talked about it being upgraded to version 1.4.  You might ask your question about the best settings in one of those posts, preferably the latter since it is the latest.  I do agree that the ENB mod does work but it requires some mods in the enb.ini.  But, even so, those mods may not work for your computer, video card, or display drivers.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I could almost be positive that about an hour ago, your crash said g3d.dll..  :huh:

There are two large threads in the FSX forum relating to SweetFX.  It has been discussed to death there.  One was the announcement that it was available and the other one talked about it being upgraded to version 1.4.  You might ask your question about the best settings in one of those posts, preferably the latter since it is the latest.  I do agree that the ENB mod does work but it requires some mods in the enb.ini.  But, even so, those mods may not work for your computer, video card, or display drivers.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks for your answer I really appreciate it. I found this one: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/389455-have-any-of-you-tried-this-sweetfx/ this is what you've been talking about? And I always use google before I ask... 

Balint Szarka

There's another one that says that SweetFX has been upgraded to 1.4 - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402970-new-version-14-sweetfx-is-out/.  I just did a fsx forum search for SweetFX and there are several posts now discussing this topic.  Using the search function in the FSX forum will be your best option.  Just type SweetFX in the search box and hit the return (don't click on Google).

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

There's another one that says that SweetFX has been upgraded to 1.4 - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/402970-new-version-14-sweetfx-is-out/.  I just did a fsx forum search for SweetFX and there are several posts now discussing this topic.  Using the search function in the FSX forum will be your best option.  Just type SweetFX in the search box and hit the return (don't click on Google).

Best regards,

Jim

Finnnnallly, THANK YOU SO MUCH it worked, thanks for your tip. We need such a helpful man for every forum like you. I'm really happy :) :) :) :) again thanks

Balint Szarka