Sign in to follow this  
captainklm

Why does the NGX climb so slowly?

Hello everyone,

as the title says, why does my NGX have a climb rate of a stone? This happens on a medium short haul flight (when wing tanks are full, load percentage is around 75%), it has a climb rate of 500 fpm and to get to FL380 or something similar it climbs to it, but by the time I reach that altitude or about to reach it, its my top of decent. My thrust mode is set to CLB (puts on around 90% N1), and to add to that problem, during cruise when my speed is low, cruise mode is unable to reach that speed (normally cruise maximum is at 89% N1) 

What am I doing wrong? This has only started now, as I have been off the 737 for a month or so, it happened a few times in the past, just not as bad :P

Cheers

why does my NGX have a climb rate of a stone?

Delete your FSUIPC4.ini file from the FSX/Modules folder and run the sim again, that should fix it.

This has only started now, as I have been off the 737 for a month or so, it happened a few times in the past, just not as bad.

If you're flying online and using FSInn, kill FSInn's weather and use some other program's weather instead.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks guys, Scandinavian13 is right, I am a complete retard and forgot to disable FSInns weather cause I had a reinstall few weeks back, I was checking to see why there were no contrails, found out why.......

Thanks and sorry everyone!

Thanks and sorry everyone!

You're welcome - and don't be sorry.  Stuff like this is useful for those who search the forums and have similar issues.  Consider yourself an informal wiki-like contributor.

Kyle Rodgers