Sign in to follow this  
RobbieHe

Microsoft Announces FS2004 Update

Guest Glaudrung

Well this is proof...Miracles do come about once or twice.But...19 meters makes one hell of a file. How large will this patch be? 200 Mb or 2 Gb. Let's see... Fs Genesis 38 m makes about 500 Mb for about one quarter of the US. If Ms is going for worldcoverage, that means 20x 500 Mb...I'm already saving download time for this one!Luc 'Glaudrung' badger

>One of these days people are going to realize the folks at MS>actually do care about the sim and even use it themselves, not>to mention that some of them are real world pilots and>aircraft owners.>>Don't get MS management policies confused with the development>team. I see some great changes coming our way folks.>>I don't see any comments directed at the team themselves, but lets be honest, no matter how much any development team might "want" to do something, if the management doesn't care about supplying the money, it won't get done. Hopefully this is a small step in the right direction for the company that as a software developer is trying to push everybody else out.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

They aren't including the scenery, they are just making it possible for FS9 to make use of/display the higher res mesh...

Hmmm, Just wondering if all the improved stability talk refers to the "CTD" problems or to other things?Guess at least with fully working autogen, makes me wonder if we'll see a addon to replace the working chicken resturants, etc. And instead we'll see Mcdonalds, Star Bucks, Krispy Kreme, Burger Kings, etc. Perhaps a Flight1 production? :+ Edit: missing words

I'm wondering if myabe they're fixing whatever the underlying cause of the sudden wind and visibility shifts is? I know the latest FSUPIC's have brought it under control, but it'd be nice to have it totally gone.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Captain Barfbag

Why KFJK? I'd suggest enhancing KBOS. Why? Because if Microsoft is patching FS9, and (as suggested above) Lucifer is pulling on his woolies and swine are requesting clearance, then for sure those Red Sox are going to win the World Series.

Guest CargoMun

Would be even nicer with an upgraded airport outside of the US and Europe other then YSSY. Changi Singapore and their new Terminal beeing build springs to mind :)But I can settle for cosmetic stuff like this for when FS2006 comes out. But yes, KJFK gets a big wet "WHY?" from me too.

Guest _patrol_

Wow this is awsome! And I've been perfectly happy with the current version. Thanks MS!David

Guest BrunoF

Thank you Microsoft!! Bruno Francescoli Student Pilot-KOPF-PA28-161

Guest ScottPilot

It's about time!I wonder if we will have to uninstall FS9 and re-install everything (add-ons, ect) to use the update.As long as it fixes the major issues, it shoud be worth it!Scott

Guest yarvelling

Well, I think it's great news :) I haven't had any major problems with FS9 so far....no seasonal CTD's, etc...only minor stuff where maybe I've done something wrong, or through using these forums, found out about the landclass issues if it's put into the Add-On Scenery folder with an empty texture folder as well, etc....I've never had a problem flying the PSS A340 (re. an earlier post) except during the times where I was still trying to learn the FMC, and may have broken a few landing gears, etc....ahem!!!All in all, my errors not counted, I've never had so much fun, and long term enjoyment out of a piece of software as I have with FS9...most games are great for the first few days, maybe a couple of weeks, but I soon tire of them...with FS9 I've found almost theraputic to unwind of an evening after a chaotic day at work, by merely taking a short hop across the channel to Brussels in an A320, or a KC-135, and watching the sights, and following the AI as they go merrily about their business. I find that I get so engrossed in what is happening that the real world around me fades away, and the AI are REAL...they ARE there flying all over the shop, and I could ruin their day if I chose to!! And when I land under the guidance of ATC, it's almost as though there really was someone there steering me in to the localiser, and then steering me to the gates to park. A smooth landing is SO damn satisfying too....I feel good, and calm, relaxed from the rigours that befell me earlier during the day.Thank you Microsoft, and all those who's add-ons' have enhanced this product, to give me that kind of feeling of acheivement, and satisfaction.And now the knowledge that this could be enhanced further is splendid!! Thanks aggain to Microsoft.So many folks berate them, so many folks HATE them, but without Microsoft, where would we be now with home computers? Mac O/S, good as it may be doesn't have the support and the machines are very expensive and nowhere near as flexible as a Windows driven PC, and Linux isn't anywhere near ready to be unleashed on the great unsuspecting public; that public who can so succesfuly trash a perfectly good PC within the space of 5 minutes...who knows what they'd do to Linux which is so far behind Windows in the 'user friendly' stakes!!I think this patch is actualy yet another example of the fact that Microsoft DO care...OK, Windows may be full of holes, etc. and many of these holes are ripped open by sneaky coniving, nasty buggers that keep poking and pulling away at things that they shouldn't in order to make everyones' lives a misery: viruses, spyware, etc., but at least Microsoft have been trying constantly for years to keep plugging it and improving it, and they've never yet charged a penny for any of the major Service Packs....some cynics of course will say that every new version of Windows is a mere Service Pack for the old version!! Anyway....long boring diatribe over...great news on the FS9 patch ;) I look forward to it!

I hope Tampa and Miami look like they did way back in 2002 before the virtual terrorists blew up all the bridges....:-mad *:-*...Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

This is excellent news! I'm surprised and elated that MS decided to patch the sim.I do hope it fixes the CTDs and crazy weather issues while not messing up any important add-ons.Either way, thanks MS for listening to the community!

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Another thing I will be eager to see in this patch is the framerate boost. I just installed NL200's Amsterdam scenery and went to Schiphol, framerates and performance was bad (framerates didnt get higher than 11! and the textures were slow to load) So I uninstalled it and will re install it after this patch comes out.

Guest mikado

YarvellingYou're becoming quite poetic of late and I agree with your every word - immersion's the thing. Well done MS, for all you simmers using FS9 it must be a great relief to know that soon you too can immerse yourselves and not have to worry about the missing bridges and whatnot. Great news.Tony EGSS