Sign in to follow this  
AtlanticAviator

Help - Saitek Throttle Not Synchronised

Hello,

I am having problems with my Saitek throttle quadrants ; the throttle levers are not synchronised at the same positions. For Example, I could have them In the exact same position (physically) on the quadrant, but on the simulator I get different output, It may only be 3-4% of a difference in throttle but asymmetrical thrust Is actually quite a problem in the simulator. The two throttle levers that aren't synchronised are both on the same quadrant which makes it even more strange. I have FSUIPC installed and I have tried mapping the throttle controls into there to see if It makes a difference, but it remains the same. If someone has a workaround for this in FSUIPC to calibrate the throttle positions to be the same I would be very appreciative if you could help me, Thanks in advance!

Kriss

Could there be some dust and grime in the potentiometers? Go google dismantling the throttle and clean but beware: hacking your gear voids warranty!

Could there be some dust and grime in the potentiometers? Go google dismantling the throttle and clean but beware: hacking your gear voids warranty!

Hi! I actually recently sprayed some contact spray into the pots to clear any dirt and dust off them, I read on a forum that using contact spray will save a lot more time than dismantling the full quadrant, and it worked a charm! My spiking problems with the TQ were resolved (at least for 6 months anyway).

The problem I was having was more to do with Saitek's cheap pots not being able to display the same output in the sim, But thanks to Pete Dowson and FSUIPC I managed to solve the problem by synchronizing all four throttle axes at various points throughout the movement range, which worked wonders!

Thanks anyway!

Kriss

All Saitek throttle quads have this issue, the center lever must be displaced forward the others in order to get the same output values. It`s been like this for years and Saitek seem completely uninterested in fixing this...

I have had six of these units and all had the exact same problems. 

There are two solutions to this:

leave them as-is and use the registered FSUIPC function "Sync pos" to match them.

Use the windows calibration: 

1: Start the calibration wizard in windows and check the Show raw data bow. This displays the output numbers of the three axes.

2: Then you center the left and right levers (their physical and numerical centers should be the same) and move the center lever to the point where it`s in the numerical center position. This should place it slightly ahead of the L/R levers. 

3: Now you can start the calibration by first confirming that the levers are in the center position. 

4: After you complete moving them forward and back during calibration it is very important that you return them to the exact (numerical) center positions you used in point 2. 

With a little luck they should match up both physically and output wise. It takes a bit of fiddling to make it work but the results are well worth it.

I prefer this procedure as it let you use the slope axis function in FSUIPC to curve the lower half of the throttle slope. 

I hope my typing is somewhat understandable :)

Brgds

Kevin

All Saitek throttle quads have this issue, the center lever must be displaced forward the others in order to get the same output values. It`s been like this for years and Saitek seem completely uninterested in fixing this...

I have had six of these units and all had the exact same problems. 

There are two solutions to this:

leave them as-is and use the registered FSUIPC function "Sync pos" to match them.

Use the windows calibration: 

1: Start the calibration wizard in windows and check the Show raw data bow. This displays the output numbers of the three axes.

2: Then you center the left and right levers (their physical and numerical centers should be the same) and move the center lever to the point where it`s in the numerical center position. This should place it slightly ahead of the L/R levers. 

3: Now you can start the calibration by first confirming that the levers are in the center position. 

4: After you complete moving them forward and back during calibration it is very important that you return them to the exact (numerical) center positions you used in point 2. 

With a little luck they should match up both physically and output wise. It takes a bit of fiddling to make it work but the results are well worth it.

I prefer this procedure as it let you use the slope axis function in FSUIPC to curve the lower half of the throttle slope. 

I hope my typing is somewhat understandable :)

Brgds

Kevin

Hi Kevin!

If you see my above reply I had sorted my problem using FSUIPC. I never knew about the other way using the calibration wizard, Thanks for letting me and others know as it may be useful for those who do not have a registered version of FSUIPC.

Thanks

Kriss

No problem, i guess we overlapped our replies! :)

I`m glad you worked it out, it`s a shame Saitek won`t fix this!

No problem, i guess we overlapped our replies! :)

I`m glad you worked it out, it`s a shame Saitek won`t fix this!

Yeah! Some of Saitek's products can lack quality, especially the pots inside the throttle quadrants, I guess they care more about making business than fixing a problem that a minority of users will complain about.

Regards,

Kriss