Sign in to follow this  
jimble

Wrong landing runway

Hi, i'm having a problem with RC assigning the correct runway for landing. Tonight, i flew into Gatwick and was told to "expect vectors for 26L, as i got ready to land i noticed i had a tail wind and, AI aircreaft were taking off from 8R which is odd as RC assignes the runway based on AI aircraft. Earlier today i flew to Paris Orly, i checked wind direction, at Orly before takeoff and was anticipating 26 or 24. Approach told me "expect vectors to runway 24", and then a moment later said "expect vectors to runway 06" couldn't lose the height in time, and did a missed approach. I was again vectored to 06, and landed with a tail wind. I am using REX weather engine which seems to be giving the correct info. Any idea what could be going on here?

I had checked the weather at both airports  before the flight and was assigned 6 at Orly for takeoff, correct for wind direction and AI aircraft and, was anticipating 8 R at Gatwick for landing which AI was  queuing up for.

Thanks for any help with this.

what version of fsuipc do you have? also, make sure your tcas range setting in fsuipc is set to 0 (unlimited)

if that doesn't help, make a log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum

jd

If use use Ultimate Traffic 2 (FSX) be sure you have ai rendered at the maximum distance.

If RC suddenly changed your runway it means either ai changed direction at about 20 nm in or suddenly showed up since your first runway assignment.

I am not familiar with the REX weather engine. If it is similar to Active Sky then look for an option to lock destination weather for the last 40 nm. This will stabilize ai patterns when RC assigns your runway. This is for FSX mainly.

If REX uses FSUIPC look at the weather smoothing settings.

It would help to add your FS version/environment to your profile. (It is no longer allowed to be used as a tag on AVSIM).

BTW: It is normal for ai to accept tailwind components the limit based on aircraft type.

hI, I have a  problem, i think just with one airport , (MMMY) when i will approach  RC give me  vectors  for  runway 29  beside  runway 11 in  accordance   with the  wind ,  when i  make  my approach  ofcurse  confuse  with the  vectors  to the  29 runway, i see the  AI make  the right  approach and  i enter to a  traffic  coalition  conflict !!  ,  i  dont know  why RC  always  give me  the  wrong runway a and   give the AI right  runway  agree with the  wind  direction, could   you help me please. 

RC first looks at what runway ai are using as its first priority. Weather and runway properties come next.

With some add-on weather applications in FSX, the weather situation around your aircraft is applied uniformly throughout the FS  world (Global Weather) which means that as your aircraft approaches destination, the weather is constantly changing with ai slowly catching up to the changes. Between the time RC examines ai and the time you enter the destination pattern ai operations may have changed and conflicts might occur.

ai pattern examination was introduced with version 4 of RC.

If it only is happening at MMMY then something in the scenery is deterring RC from using other runways. I use FS9 and in the default MMMY only runway 11 has a localizer/ILS navaid which other than examining AI RC would prefer weather limitations permitting.

If you are an FSX Active Sky user try turning on Lock Destination Weather in AS's options. This will hold weather constant as your aircraft nears destination making things more stable.