Sign in to follow this  
Maszario57

Orbx YMML

Hello,

This is just a quick question; would it be worth me buying Orbx YMML v2 with these specs:

Intel i5760 at 2.8 gHz

750gb hard drive

8gb RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5450

I can reach in the region of 24 FPS at most high detail FSX airports with 70% WOAI traffic (worse at Heatrow but that only drops to 16-19 at the very worst). Most of the time I limit it at 30 FPS, which works.

Thank you very much to you all,

Maszario57

Hi Maszario57 I would check out the reviews to get a good idea http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_reviews.php?manufacturers_id=92&products_id=1423 but those airports are heavy on frame rates I have YBBN Brisbane International and its also heavy on frame rates depending on what aircraft you use and your fsx settings I think mine for ybbn with the ngx was 18fps with in overclocked i5 2500k at 4.3ghz

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Hi OP,

I own every Orbx FTX region, and a lot of their GA airports. :smile:

I recently re-installed FTX Australia SP4 after a long break and wanted to fly the NGX and AXE there, so purchased YMML v2 two days ago.   I've got say, as a huge fan of Orbx products generally, that I honestly feel YMML is their weakest product.  It just lacks the magic and ambience of the small GA fields. Buildings and objects just look 'plonked' on the grass and the ground textures lack the usual Orbx definition.    And on top of the fact that it honestly does not look like an Orbx airport, visual quality-wise, there's the performance;   it's a pretty taxing airport and after 1 day I disappointingly ended up uninstalling it and reverting to the default YMML, with some self-made improvements done with Instant Scenery.

I agree it could be better.

It still has some pretty bad frame rate issues, and the blurry taxyways when you change views, and the flashing runways after takeoff.

Say, if someone like fly tampa made it, i would remove the ORBX edition within a heartbeat.

Other than that, it beats the default.

Okay thanks guys, much appreciated. I tried FlyTampa but that just murders my system completely. I'll have a look at the PNW - seems to be brilliant.

Thank you very much for all your help!

If Flytampa drags your system, PNW will bring it to a stop. FlyTampa is one of the most fps friendly addons available

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If Flytampa drags your system, PNW will bring it to a stop. FlyTampa is one of the most fps friendly addons available

+1

Oh well that is interesting...The Orbx freeware ran fine on my system but the FlyTampa demo was really poor...can anyone recommend the PMDG 747 - is it better FPS wise than the CS 757 because that runs fine on my system!

PMDG 747 is relatively tough on performance.  Most decent modern rigs will run it ok these days (eg. i7 with a decent 1GB+ VRAM Graphics Card), but I'd guess it's a bit tougher on performance than the CS 757.

It's an older PMDG product and I think they got better at optimization as (on my system) the 737 NGX performs better than the 747, even though it's 4+ years newer, and is a different league visually.

If you want a PMDG heavy, you may want to look at the MD-11.   It's a lot newer than the 747 (and of a better standard IMHO), and again on my system is easier on the frames than the 747 (or the 737NGX).

As mentioned above, the PMDG 747 is an older product.  I strongly suggest you wait for the V2 to come out which would most likely be Q1 of 2014 as the 777 is due within the next couple of months (hopefully).

The MD11 is a newer product and is quite fun.

• Upvote 1

Okay, thank you very much to everyone who has helped it has been much appreciated. Hopefully I'll be getting my new rig soon - can't wait!

Hello, 

How do I uninstall Orbx YMML?, since my Video Card is not good enough to get a good quality YMML

Kind Regards

Tharanga

That was true until FT's Toronto. That scenery is just brutal on my system. 2600k@4.6 and GTX770 4 GB.

NAX669.png

That was true until FT's Toronto. That scenery is just brutal on my system. 2600k@4.6 and GTX770 4 GB.

True Mike. But not done by George or Martin. There is the difference. :)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

True Mike. But not done by George or Martin. There is the difference. :)

Julian,

My comment wasn't a rap against Fly Tampa. I have most of their other sceneries and am very pleased with their performance. Sometimes developers try to pack too much into a package and our hardware just can't keep up. That's as much our fault as a community as anyone's. I'm praying that their YSSY will be a little easier on the frames.

NAX669.png