Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Anybody using CS 727?

I'm thinking about giving the Captain Sim 727 a shot.  I have a thing for tri-jets.

I have checked out several reviews but still unable to find some of the info I'm looking for.

Is it considered a "lite" aircraft?  What I mean is, are the flight plans and way points automatically inserted into the aircraft's navigation system like on CLS planes?

I came across one review that mentioned there is no V speed calculation.  How are you guys getting your V speeds?

I hear the Dream Fleet version is suppose to be better with a more in-depth system simulation.  I will probably end up getting that as well but when I'm not doing a serious flight, I enjoy the 'lite' planes.

I use it.

It's an old fashion plane, you must fly it Vor by Vor, no modern navigation system (except for FSX gps)

It has many many bugs but, if you look at their forum, with patience you can solve all of them.

Then it flies like a beauty.

External model 10

VC 9

Flight model 9

As far as i know dreamfleet is FS9 only.

sig_concordeX.jpg

vafs_status.php?cs=AFR2202&w=1&clr=11,95

Thanks Robert.  I'm going to purchase this over the weekend along with the TSS 727 sound pack.

Watched a VOR tutorial on youtube and just tried it for the first time on the Cessna and CLS DC-10.  I think I'm going to enjoy the 727.

Any specific bug I should know about upon start up?  I plan to purchase it from Flight1's website.  I think it should be up to date.

dream fleet has a vor flight sim trainer built in.

ZORAN

My advice, as owner of them both: go for the DF727, there's a weather radar built in (by RealityXP), there's a modernized EFIS Style (Glass Cockpit) with it. If you want to get it across the ocean, heck, there's even an adaption to use CIVA INS - even at the VC. Look for "meatwater" at the library to find out...

Plus, you can easily update avionics with ISGsim by Ernie Alston.

If it was for me, i wouldn't hesitate on the DF727!

+1 Dream Fleet 

-545321214443 CS727 :) 

BTW, if you like  tri-jets, PMDG MD11 is one of the best airliners for fs9/fsx

Thanks for the help everyone.  I will get both but will start with the CS.  That way, when I get the DF version with all the extras, it will feel like an upgrade.  Just reading the description of DF's 727 sounds a little scary lol.  Since the CS is somewhat lighter with system simulation, I think it's good practice for me to start with it.

For those using CS, how do you get your V speeds?

I just started flying VOR and it's a lot of fun.  Other than the 727, do any other commercial jets do vor to vor in real life?  How about the DC-10?  I got vor to work on it but not sure if they actually use it in real life.  Gonna do a flight later using IFR high altitude and run the vor while in NAV mode.  That way I can keep myself busy doing both.

Zelijko,

Bought the PMDG MD-11 for both FSX and FS9.  I rarely fly FSX anymore.  Will probably wait 5 years or so until I can get a PC to completely max it out.

It's my favorite aircraft at the moment.  Gonna get the Perfect Flight L-1011 also.  I'm so bummed the new Just Flight 1011 is fsx only.

Thanks for the help everyone.  I will get both but will start with the CS.  That way, when I get the DF version with all the extras, it will feel like an upgrade.  Just reading the description of DF's 727 sounds a little scary lol.  Since the CS is somewhat lighter with system simulation, I think it's good practice for me to start with it.

For those using CS, how do you get your V speeds?

I just started flying VOR and it's a lot of fun.  Other than the 727, do any other commercial jets do vor to vor in real life?  How about the DC-10?  I got vor to work on it but not sure if they actually use it in real life.  Gonna do a flight later using IFR high altitude and run the vor while in NAV mode.  That way I can keep myself busy doing both.

Zelijko,

Bought the PMDG MD-11 for both FSX and FS9.  I rarely fly FSX anymore.  Will probably wait 5 years or so until I can get a PC to completely max it out.

It's my favorite aircraft at the moment.  Gonna get the Perfect Flight L-1011 also.  I'm so bummed the new Just Flight 1011 is fsx only.

This is up to you, but if PMDG MD 11 is your favourite aircraft, i think you should avoid Perfect flight, Just Flight, Captain Sim, Wilco. This will be your worst purchases if you are looking for high level of realism. You will find there only Marketing and "Eye Candy planes"  ^_^

You have got some good advice here. Get the DF 727, and fit the INS units.

Peter

Peter Schluter

If I remember right, the VC in the FS9 version isn't clickable.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Peter,

Not really a fan of INS at the moment.  I'd rather do vor.  But in the future when I wanna try a different way of flying, I may give INS another shot.

Main reason I want the CS is for the Air Canada livery.  Planning to do my purchase tonight.  Will probably try DF because of the vor tutorial. 

Dillon,

No clickable VC for DF or CS version?

Dillon,

No clickable VC for DF or CS version?

Wrong... Only the engineer's panel is not clickable in the DF version.

FS2020 

Cool.  Thanks Dillon.  It's like the CLS DC-10.  You have to use the 2d panel pop up for the engineer's panel.

This world is a funny world. I just download CS 727 today, just finished applying the mods. After long months of contemplation, after totally enjoying DF727 on FS9 I finally took the plunge after reading the CS727 flight model has been improved if you apply the user mods but even though I have not tried it out yet my bias towards DF727 lead me to think it will have to go some way to compete. Would be interesting to apply DF realworld performance charts and compare it to assess the flight model.

This world is a funny world. I just download CS 727 today, just finished applying the mods. After long months of contemplation, after totally enjoying DF727 on FS9 I finally took the plunge after reading the CS727 flight model has been improved if you apply the user mods but even though I have not tried it out yet my bias towards DF727 lead me to think it will have to go some way to compete. Would be interesting to apply DF realworld performance charts and compare it to assess the flight model.

So how is the CS727 now after the mods?

FS2020