Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

PFD Clock

Just been advised Boeing have removed the clock from the B777's flight deck. It's been replaced with a clock and elapsed timer on the PFD - it automatically starts once TOGA is activated and stops once wheels touch the ground I believe. I'm sure you guys have/can get more of a complex description of it from your Boeing representatives. I did post a photo a few months back of a 777's flight deck without it, here it is again incase one or two of you missed it (no it's not copyrighted..):

Would that be possible to model in FSX - or have you already? I know it's a small thing that not many will care about, just know how much you like to give on the customisation side of things  ^_^

Cheers all!

Interesting! I remember your earlier posting about this and you stated it was an Emirates request so if its now standard fit I hope it makes it in at some point.

Alaister Kay

Would that be possible to model in FSX - or have you already?

There is a clock on the ND in the MD-11. The controls for it are on a panel below the captain's and first officer's sliding windows (switches between a stopwatch and a timer) and also in the CDU (controls the amount of time for the timer function).The clock starts when she starts flying and stops after landing (20 seconds I think). So it's possible.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

But a clock is still necessary for engine start up timing, or for any needed timing corrections during a flight... Would be nice to have the 2 options available indeed.

There is a clock on the ND in the MD-11

That's the first thing that popped in to my head

But a clock is still necessary for engine start up timing

On the glare shield, there are 2 buttons, one for radio xmit and one to start a timer (chrono not ET).

It will be interesting to see if this will make it as an option when released. I think it's pretty neat, but that's just me

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dana Palmer

KJAC

Boeing following Airbus? :O  Whatever next... ^_^  Airbus have had a timer on the ND like this since the A320 first flew.  They still have a chronometer on the panel as well though.  Surprising Boeing deleted the clock with this option selected. I would have thought a standalone chrono would still be of use.

As it's for Emirates it may be because they like the way it works on their Airbus fleet.  Cathay might be interested too as another 777 and Airbus operator.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Just been advised Boeing have removed the clock from the B777's flight deck. It's been replaced with a clock and elapsed timer on the PFD

I could be wrong here but I'd say that the "removal" of the clock is more of a customer option rather than be standard across the entire new B777 fleet.

That's really cool! I always forget to start the clock when I fly :)

Remy Mermelstein

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

Well there is one less thing to break! (well, two, really). And to forget to let the ET timer run. I would be happy with that as an airline manager.