Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Sound in MD-11 FS9 ver.

Hi guys,

I'm having problems hearing ATC when I'm up in the air with the PMDG MD-11.

I'm talking about the way FS9 handle cockpit sounds in the VC.

Here's what happens, while in the VC, I'm sure those who use FS9 know that when you turn your head to the right from the captain's seat, you hear some ambient noise.

The problem is, in the MD-11, while in-flight, the ambient noise is too loud while I'm looking to the right, adjusting alt, speed, etc on the panel.  I have to listen really hard in order to hear ATC's commands.

I have tried using the sound settings suggested in the MD-11 manual and it makes it a lot worse.  Can't understand what ATC is telling me.

So since I got this add on, I've left every sound setting at 50 and jacked up ATC to 100.  I can hear ATC but not as clear as I'd like to.  Anybody know how to lower that ambient noise to a more realistic level? 

Thanks

Good day to you

I am using FSX so i really dont know what you are talking about  BUT  if you go to this Page

http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.html

and scroll Down ( slowly ) to   {{ SOUND CRACKING AND DISTORTION – SMOOTHER FLIGHT  }}

Hop this helps other wise , i am pretty sure some one here will have the answer ,

In the mean time you have some thing to work on

Happy Landings