Sign in to follow this  
cvearl

Optimal settings for ATI users with FSX - Great Results!

Hi, hopeing someone could help me. Just 1 question really. I have recently gone to a R9 390x after using a GTX770 (with Nvidea inspector for AA in FSX).
My AA lloks terrible at the moment as you can imagine because I am just using in-game AA. If I use catalyst to control it as per OPs instructions. Does Catalyst control only the AA in FSX? like inspector does, or does it change the behaviour for the card for all games? Will i have to set/un-set the setting in catalyst everytime I run/close FSX? I only ask because I have never used catalyst and in the screen grabs from the OP there doesnt seem to be anything that says "FSX" it seems to be a general setting? Thanks

My Rig is R9 390x OC to 1100Mhz, i5 4690K OC to 4.5Ghz and 16GB DDR3 RAM

Hmm OK, seems that CCC has been replaced with Raedon settings. I've done all this but it doesnt make a difference in game? any idea how to get this to work?
sdvsdvsdv.png

OK Update. and I guess an important one. I couldn't get this to work because I was on 16.1 drivers (new). They DO NOT work with AA settings and FSX. Riolled back to 15.12 and it works great! game looks lush. Frame rates are a bit under what I had expected. What would be the first thing to lower if frames arent great? Im guessing 16x ansiotropic is quite a lot? can I make that 8?. 

Hmm OK, seems that CCC has been replaced with Raedon settings. I've done all this but it doesnt make a difference in game? any idea how to get this to work?

sdvsdvsdv.png

Just set AMD driver global profile to SUPERSAMPLE

set the GAME to 4xAA and 16xAF

Lock the game internally to 30 fps

Just set AMD driver global profile to SUPERSAMPLE

set the GAME to 4xAA and 16xAF

Lock the game internally to 30 fps

It's been stated by AMD before that they no longer offer driver support for FSX. The settings you suggest with the new AMD Radeon panel have no effect within FSX if set to 'Override Application settings'. I run a 7870DD with the Crimson 16.1 and setting either to "override' has absolutely zero effect within the game. AMD is aware of it and plans to offer no fix.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

It's been stated by AMD before that they no longer offer driver support for FSX. The settings you suggest with the new AMD Radeon panel have no effect within FSX if set to 'Override Application settings'. I run a 7870DD with the Crimson 16.1 and setting either to "override' has absolutely zero effect within the game. AMD is aware of it and plans to offer no fix.

Superesample still works. Set AA to 4x in game. Set driver to supersample. Worked a few months ago.

Charles.

hi guys sorry to post so many msgs just like to help i been running fsx for almost 3 years my only sim.  and i spent many,many hours trying to make this sim work i think i have achieved that by searching all over the net and gathering information i uploaded the fps limiter hopefully ill work good for you like its working for me if you guys have any questions just ask me ill gladly try to help if any of you like a copy of my fsx.cfg let me know i got some useful settings in there i run tripple eyefinity monitor everything in fsx is setup for tripple screen i got halo.bmp for eyefinity pmdg tripple screen settings for virtual cockpit so mouse cursor dont flicker i got that from pmdg.the file i uploaded i put it under fps_limiter.exe.. have fun and happy flying,Aaron Mack

please help me...

I have seen your post telling you solved issues and fly FSX with 3 monitors....I have issues with my FSX.

I get "out of memory" and FSX freezes...

Please help...

I have:

W7 Ultimate 64bit

Intel Core i5-3570K CPU 3.40Ghz overcloked at 4.2Ghz,

Memoria Ram 8 GB

GPU AMD 7900 with 3 GB memory

3 monitors Samsung SyncMaster 214T

resolution 4800x 1192.

I use Radeon Pro Tool 1.1.1.0 for the GPU Settings...

I fly PMDG 737NGX in virtual cockpit + various add on

Superesample still works. Set AA to 4x in game. Set driver to supersample. Worked a few months ago.

Charles.

Setting either to override has no effect. Tried many times. FSX only offers to turn AA on or off within FSX.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Anyone have any experience going from AMD to NVidia for p3d reasons? I've had AMD cards for about the last 4/5 years and they have served me well overall, until i started flight siming almost 18 months ago.

Now I'm starting to wonder if it would be worth switching over to NVidia. From what I tell about 95% of flight simmers seem to use NVidia cards, so there is a lot more information around regarding settings etc. This thread is about all I've managed to find regarding AMD settings, and even then its doesn't give much away.

And finding out here that AMD dont support custom p3d settings really hasn't helped with regards to wanting to stick with them, I've tried useing the settings stated above in the "global settings" and although they do seem help visually they also seem to impact performance in certain scenarios, such as flying through clouds sometimes takes my fps to 15. I dont have a bad computer either(i7-3770k @ 4.6Ghx, 16GB ram, AMD290 slightly overclocked, and P3D is installed on a SSD) and only run the ingame settings at a medium level.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

And finding out here that AMD dont support custom p3d settings really hasn't helped with regards to wanting to stick with them, I've tried useing the settings stated above in the "global settings" and although they do seem help visually they also seem to impact performance in certain scenarios, such as flying through clouds sometimes takes my fps to 15. I dont have a bad computer either(i7-3770k @ 4.6Ghx, 16GB ram, AMD290 slightly overclocked, and P3D is installed on a SSD) and only run the ingame settings at a medium level.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

Nvidia still has it's problems.

Often sparse grid transparency SS is needed for the plane and scenery which also throttles frame rates in clouds just like AMD super sampling.

Just wait for Nvidia's Pascal to come out

I'm guessing that will end any AMD v nVidia debate.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

My "perfect" configuration, after several tests:

- RadeonPro -> AA = 4xEQ; AA Mode = Supersample; ForceFrameRate = 30.

- FSX -> AA Off; Anisotropic ON. Frame Rate = Unlimited. Other configs in ultra. Plus AffinityMask and UsePools tweaks in fsx.cfg.

FSX runs smoothly between 20, in complex sceneries and bad weather, and 30 fps in another situations.

PC: AMD FX-8350@4.2GHz - Gigabyte R9 280OC WindForce/3Gb GDDR5 - 12Gb RAM DDR3 G.Skill@1600MHz

... I updated my Radon R9-280X drivers and Catalyst Control Center is gone so unable to tweak and change setting.

Any thought

Thanks in advance

Yair  

...Okay, I got it, CCC has been replaced with Radeon setting, now I need to figure out how to set this up 

lol

Yair

CPU AMD Phenom x4 975 Black addition OC to 4.0ghz

Mem 8 Gig DDR3 

HD 2 Dedicated OC-VERTEX

Win7 64Bit

FSX Acceleration