Sign in to follow this  
mounty

THROTTLES OVERRIDING A/T

Hi,

I have asked this before but I'm still having trouble with the Saitek TQ'd overriding the A/T.  I have the simulation for A/T override set to Never, yet the autothrottle cuts back at some time around 10,000ft and the A/T switch goes off.  I have to manually push the saitek throttles up to 98% and then reset the A/T switch.  It does this on one engine only.  Any ideas?  MY throttles are calibrated through FSUIPC.

Thanks

Rob

Are sure you have your trim set right (not in aircraft your actual hardware trim position) - you need to find a sweet spot not a setting just move your trim until you find a spot where the A/T will not shut off this is what happened to me until I figured it out.

Rich Sennett

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I do not have a trim setting for the saitek throttles, not sure what you mean by hardware trim for the throttles.  The last flight I was at 30,000ft. when one engine rolled back and the A/T switch disengaged.  I had to advance the throttle lever till the power was 98% and then re-engage the A/T.  I had to leave the manual throttles (saitek) in different positions to keep the A/T from disengaging.

Rob

Forgot to menation that I start the take off with 40% throttles (saitek) to spool up then engines and then engage the TOGA mode so the Saitek throttle levers are only anvanced to get the 40 spool up then the TOGA takes over.  So the throttle levers aren't touched and the airplane takes off, climbs and then reaches cruise and then one of the engines spools down for no apparent reason.  I don't know if this helps with ideas why this happens.

Rob

My usual method of using any Autothrottle in FSX is to advance to 40%, hit the TOGA, then as the thrust starts to increase automatically in the sim, just move the hardware throttle to 100% where I have a null zone set up near the very top of the throttle range. If the throttle spikes, it's going to spike at full throttle. When I begin decent (idle decent especially) I will move the throttle full back to 0 as the decent starts (at top of decent) so any spikes will spike into the 0% area near the bottom null zone.

Oddly, I'v never seen any of these actions (or spikes) disconnect the autothrottle. This usually requires button presses.

Hi,

I have asked this before but I'm still having trouble with the Saitek TQ'd overriding the A/T. I have the simulation for A/T override set to Never, yet the autothrottle cuts back at some time around 10,000ft and the A/T switch goes off. I have to manually push the saitek throttles up to 98% and then reset the A/T switch. It does this on one engine only. Any ideas? MY throttles are calibrated through FSUIPC.

Thanks

Rob

In FSUIPC, set throttle levers like for any other aircraft - "sent to FSUIPC calibration", but in the "calibration" section of FSUIPC don't do anything. You can select "profile specific" for NGX and leave it "uncalibrated".

You need to select in NGX FMC option to "never overide". If from some reason this not work, in FSUIPC calibration section check "Exclude Throttle n Set" option.

Now, you can set throttle 40%, press TOGA and advance throttle full forward. No manual overide this way.

But be aware, if you want to abort take off for any reason during take off roll, you must first disconect ATT and then reduce Throttle to idle.

I reinstaled fsx recently, so i found this solution again :)

Hi,

Thanks, I have reset my throttles as you suggested and tomorrow I'll try a flight.

Rob

I have the simulation for A/T override set to Never, yet the autothrottle cuts back at some time around 10,000ft and the A/T switch goes off.

Why not set the A/T override to CLAMP and ARM only?

Kyle Rodgers

Why not set the A/T override to CLAMP and ARM only?

CLAMP? We are on a Boeing, here, not Airbus  :lol:

James Goggi

CLAMP? We are on a Boeing, here, not Airbus 

Haha - pre-lunch, lack-of-eating mind slip...

THR HOLD and ARM, right?

Kyle Rodgers

In my experience when I assign my throttles through FSUIPC they will override the A/T even with never override selected. If I assign them through FSX they work properly.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

In my experience when I assign my throttles through FSUIPC they will override the A/T even with never override selected. If I assign them through FSX they work properly.

Yes, but try to asign them through FSUIPC and leave Throthles "uncalibrated" in FSUIPC calibration tab, only for NGX. Evrything will work just fine