Sign in to follow this  
738NGFREAK

PRO ATC/X

Hello all,

I got yesterday the absolute coolest atc add on for fsx! It is on the market since 2012 (hope I'm right) and got

several updates since that time! It works perfectly with the NGX and is able to load the flight plans

for every PmdG plane for fsx! Have a look on youtube for PRO ATC/X and you will find videos from

Clive aka alpha117...it's worth the money belive me! As I#m not really a online flyer it's the best option for me!

The developer is called pointsoftware,they have a great support as well!

So enough talking,hope someone will enjoy it as much as me! :drinks:

Cheers

Sven Wendel 

Sven Wendel

Hi,

have the same software. Bought it back in late summer 2012 and asked some features (i.e. airac implementation, active sky x implementation) and all that got implemented (though I wasn't the only one requesting these features I think).

Now you can just easy fly all aircrafts with pro atc. Unfortunately all waypoints imported from proatc are flyover ones.

The developer is called pointsoftware,they have a great support as well!

There are a few threads about proatc/x on here already . As far as support being great could well be depending on what you mean by great.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "PMDG General Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

ProATC/X is nice but FAR from finished. A lot of things are still missing and/or not working well. As it is now I wouldn't recommend it to someone without giving some big, BIG warnings (so inmho your post is WAY too positive ^_^ ). And I do think it is overpriced, specially in its current state.

Apart from all that... I do use it everytime when I fly the PMDG 737NGX. And I still have high hopes for the future, but not as high as two months or so ago.

Long time user of Radar Contact, which does a good job but is no longer being updated.

Looked at ProATC but agree it is currently overpriced for its unfinished state.  Gonna wait on that for a while.

spacer.png

ProATC/X is nice but FAR from finished. A lot of things are still missing and/or not working well. As it is now I wouldn't recommend it to someone without giving some big, BIG warnings (so inmho your post is WAY too positive ^_^ ). And I do think it is overpriced, specially in its current state.

Apart from all that... I do use it everytime when I fly the PMDG 737NGX. And I still have high hopes for the future, but not as high as two months or so ago.

You do have a point. It isn't finished software and 'for me' the recent updates although necessary haven't completed the software yet. I'm still quietly confident however, that within the next few months it will be a far better product.

I feel that the dev's have been burning the midnight oil a lot lately and have put in place many bookmarks for future improvements, whilst adding just enough functionality to keep the interest of current owners feeling like the next meal can just about wait till the next day.

When I had an issue recently which was nothing to do with Pro-ATC and caused the programme to stop working. I found that I really missed it. This in itself, is testament to how much you rely on it.I have never seen myself as a sheep, which is what you become when you actually want ATC to tell you what to do. However, in the context of safe flight (OK I realise it is only a sim) it does immerse you even though its unfinished.

For some, maybe, something that is work in progress could be seen as frustrating. If your prepared to compensate for the odd and yes, annoying foible, it is rather addictive.

I completely support Jeroen's thoughts on PROATCx and suggest you also do some reading up on this forum and over at their support forum before purchasing. It has a lot of potential, but in the meantime, flying with it can often be frustrating.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

To be honest with you guy's, I wrote on purpose that I'm not a online flyer and compared to

what the fsx standard is I still say it is a very good add on! That's my own oppinion

and I'm not forcing everyone else to think the same! What counts for me is my own expirience

and nothing else....

I agree with you Howard when you say it can be frustrating, but still better than standard right?

And Graham, YES it is completely different to what I was used to! There are options during the flight

like "call an emergency" or "request an alternate because of weather" and "call missed approach"...

little things that can make flight simulating more realistic! Another good feature is the opportunity to create your own

flight plans or import them from route finder for example. And due to the fact that it's a ongoing

improvement plus the support they have I think it is worth the money! Out there are more overpriced

addon's (not saying wich ones) than that! 

Regards

Sven Wendel

Sven Wendel

I just purchased PROATCX this weekend and performed about 3 short flight with it.  For the moment I will stick with Radar Contact for offline flying. 

I've seen in another post it seems this program was made more for Europe than the USA.  I had some issues with receving no vectors to final; it just sort of leaves you hanging out on the opposite side of the localizer.  The flight planning can be cumbersome to say the least.  I can have a flight in RC4 up and running in 20 seconds excluding flight planning in FSBuild;  PROATCX seems to have many hoops to jump through to get into the flight.

I voiced my opinion in the PROATCX in a very rude way and I have since apologized for my attitude;  it was entirely uncalled for.  I have now decided to shelve the software or attempt to get a refund as $70 is quite a bit of change for software that will not be used in the near future.

I wish other users all the best as what I don't like they may not really care about.  Myself personally it just didn't work the way I anticipated it would.  Just my take on the topic.

Sean Green

It's always good to get different viewpoints on anything, it's only fair and perfectly reasonable to expect people who are miffed at buying an addon that they view their opinions. I was in the same boat Sean and was about to pull the plug and ask for a refund, mainly because it's simply absurd IMO to charge the kind of money they do for the the program, when it's not a correctly functioning product. However, I have stuck with it, because as you say Sven it's better than default. However, I don't believe that just because a product is an improvement over a lesser option that it feels it can justify itself when it doesn't work properly by saying, it's better than nothing, well, almost nothing! The product has a looong way to go IMO, BUT, if and when it arrives at it's destination, I believe it will do so with a smug smile on it's face and say "see, told ya so...!" I only hope that happens sooner rather than later :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Seems like an ever increasing trend of unfinished products being released to (potential) customers. Public pay to beta test. Is this good or bad practice?

Kind Regards

Simon.

Seems like an ever increasing trend of unfinished products being released to (potential) customers. Public pay to beta test. Is this good or bad practice?

Yes you're right Simon. It would be an easier pill to swallow if this was brought to customer's attention before parting with their money!

Howard

Sizel, on 10 Apr 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Simon, there is no simple answer to your question. It depends on how involved you are in the hobby. Some folks are just users and are looking for finished and polished products. Others like to get involved with the growth of the hobby and are willing to invest a few bucks in the future of the hobby. I support the product for many reasons. If you have the time to spend a couple hours reading the forums and look at how far this venture has progressed then you will have no doubt as to wheather it is for you now or wait for more developments. ATC is a very complicated thing to simulate. I am enjoying learning as different parts of the program is developed and released. The upside is in the end you want have to spend hours trying to understand a manual that I suspect in going to be very, very long.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/