Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

I just deleted my FSX and now on P3D

I should have done this a long time ago.  Sure I lost a few hundreds of dollars worth of add-on because the developers don't allow it (some actually update the software to prevent it use in P3D, that's just bad taste) but the ones that I am allowed are more than made up.  The sim experience is way better than FSX.  30 FPS in P3D is not 30 FPS in FSX.  P3D is much smoother.  I am looking forward to DX11 support where I expect the main memory usage will be much lower.  

Thanks and above thanks to Paavo for the migration tool!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The sim experience is way better than FSX. 30 FPS in P3D is not 30 FPS in FSX. P3D is much smoother.

That's exactly what made me change, for good :-)  plus the fact that it doesn't crash on me like FSX did with the heavier add-ons.

I wasn't aware of 3pds making such "talented" modifications to their software to prevent using it with P3D, but I thought it might happen :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Ah, trust us, after awhile experiencing FSnext you wont't even miss those addons.  Even the few glitches that P3D does have at the moment are made up with its superb performance.

Welcome to the fold...

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well, for me P3D was worth 3 deletes :-) : FSX Gold, X-Plane10 and AeroflyFS.  Also I haven't started ELITE Premium  v8 again... (trying to sell my copy) so another one may well find it's way out sooner or later...

I keep DCS World because... well, because it's the true Flight Dynamics simulator, performs great and for those who find it to be really  important (not me...) it's already 64 bit :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I would suggest sticking to x-plane10 for a little longer, great new things are happening ( for instance the CJS world traffic plugin which is about to be released )

Currently selling most of my personal hardware! Check links below
http://simultools.com/for-sale-flight-simulation-related

http://simultools.com/for_sale_hardware

Night and winter tiles for photoreal sceneries http://www.simultools.com

Well, for me P3D was worth 3 deletes
Hi jcomm, you did not mention if you have deleted MSFlight once again or not.

Hi Guys,

Just joined the prepare3d crowd yesterday. Got it installed this morning and I figured out how to get AS2012 working. Sp2....

Anyways, I would love to get my addon aircraft working(PMDG 737NGX, Lancair and the Duke). Once that is done I might be able to make the full transition. It looks like ORBX has installers for most of my scenery. 

As a side note, FPS does seem a little lower but right now the smoothness seems better. Maybe its just me....

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Hi jcomm, you did not mention if you have deleted MSFlight once again or not.

or Flightgear 2.8 :lol:

MS FLIGHT is a different story, and the same goes for FG :-)  They're "keepers" for me, MS FLIGHT because it started all for me again in flight simulation, and because it is really very very good, and FG because of the potential it has and the much it offers for free!!! ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

MS FLIGHT is a different story,
I do agree about MSFlight. That is what brought me back to flight simulation also. I is all I have been flying these days. Now I just need to learn to paint.

Steve

MS FLIGHT is a different story, and the same goes for FG :-) They're "keepers" for me, MS FLIGHT because it started all for me again in flight simulation, and because it is really very very good, and FG because of the potential it has and the much it offers for free!!! ;-)

Now I am intrigued. I will download Flight tonight and see what's the fuss is all about. ;)

Anyways, I would love to get my addon aircraft working(PMDG 737NGX, Lancair and the Duke). Once that is done I might be able to make the full transition. It looks like ORBX has installers for most of my scenery. 

Google these items and P3D and you shall find  ;).

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Now I am intrigued. I will download Flight tonight and see what's the fuss is all about. ;)

Just the demo will not be the best option... I bought all of it, until the fate was announced... Beware that there is more to the sim than most will know ;-)

Being 32 bit and DX11, it will probably give you a nice idea of how Prepar3d v2 could look like.

My prefered scenery area is still the Hawaii.

My prefered MS FLIGHT aircraft are the Maule M7, the Carbon Cub and the Stearman :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Just don't be put off by arcade feel of the first two missions, after that it will open up. The Vans RV6 that comes with the Hawaii pack is also a very capable aircraft. But I do love the Carbon Cub. And believe it or not the Icon 5 is a lot of fun.

Steve