Sign in to follow this  
mounty

CMD A and CMD B

Hi,

I had a strange occurence the other evening.  I was at cruise altitude when the CMD A disengaged.  I trimmed the aircraft out and tried to re-engage the CMD A but it wouldn't  re-engage so I had to go to CMD B.  I'm wondering if this is normal?

Thanks

Rob

no its not normal, if it wasn't caused by a failure, it probably caused by a spike in your joystick.  Now as to why it wont reengage, when you move the controls enough to disconnect the auto pilot (which is probably what happened during the joystick spike) some thingy in the autopilot gets broken and makes that channel unable to reengage until it gets repaired by maintenance

Guys, this is normal.

Remember that if there's a control input that breaks the shear pin for the autopilot (which could occur as a result of a hardware spike), the respective side will no re-engage.

Intro manual stuff...

You know...that shorter manual that explains some of the quirks and things people would come in here and assert were wrong or not normal...?

Kyle Rodgers

Intro manual stuff...

You know...that shorter manual that explains some of the quirks and things people would come in here and assert were wrong or not normal...?

Hi Scandinavian,

You Great! Reading the manuals is paramount!

Ciao

Andrea B.