Sign in to follow this  
abhiroop

Problem with Payware Scenery

Hi,

I purchased the Imagine Sim scenery for VIDP yesterday. The problem I am facing is that there are trees in the middle of one of the runways. To be more precise, in the middle of the main runway, 29-11. Can anybody help me remove these so that i can use the scenery?

I would like to mention :

1) I bought a new system and installed FSX on the same day as i installed the imagine sim scenery. So there is no other payware/freeware existing scenery that might overlap.

2) Just to give a background :

The default scenery does not contain rwy 29-11 as this is a new runway and was built recently.

Probably due to this reason, the default scenery has trees where rwy 29-11 is supposed to be. And when i load the imagine sim VIDP airport, the default scenery does not get suppressed and is overlapping with the payware scenery.

Any help or solution to this problem would be highly appreciated. Please let me know if i can provide any further information. I have attached pictures to give you a better idea of my problem

Thanks!

P.S : I am all for the environment and even though removing trees is not a wise idea,  as you can guess, i would not like to land my aircraft in the middle of a forest

What does useless Imaginesim support have to say about this?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

" You might have an older add-on or texture enhancement that is interfering 

wth the VIDP area. If so, please disable the older add-on. "

and since then they haven't replied.

I'm waiting for a support on La Guardia for three years now. Good luck dude.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

" You might have an older add-on or texture enhancement that is interfering 

wth the VIDP area. If so, please disable the older add-on. "

and since then they haven't replied.

I would have guessed some type of duplicate file running.  You might try downloading Airport Scanner from the AVSIM library and running it.  It will show all duplicate airports. 

Billy Bluestar

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

I doubt ImagineSim released a product with autogen trees sitting on their product.  There must be another scenery on top of the ImagineSim scenery which is creating the autogen.  Make sure the product VIDP is sitting on top of your scenery library.  There are other programs, like AI, which can trump a payware scenery if located on top of the product in the scenery library.  UTX has caused some scenery anomalies too and that should be located down below VIDP in the scenery library if it is installed.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm waiting for a support on La Guardia for three years now. Good luck dude.

damn! now i am scared! and to think after spending money on their scenery, the least you could expect is good customer service!

I would have guessed some type of duplicate file running.  You might try downloading Airport Scanner from the AVSIM library and running it.  It will show all duplicate airports. 

Billy Bluestar

thanks billy! ill try that as well.

I doubt ImagineSim released a product with autogen trees sitting on their product.  There must be another scenery on top of the ImagineSim scenery which is creating the autogen.  Make sure the product VIDP is sitting on top of your scenery library.  There are other programs, like AI, which can trump a payware scenery if located on top of the product in the scenery library.  UTX has caused some scenery anomalies too and that should be located down below VIDP in the scenery library if it is installed.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim, thanks for your help!

but the thing is that i bought a new system and till now the only things i have installed are FSX and ImagineSim VIDP.

I checked again and VIDP is right at the top of the scenery library. I do not hve UTX installed. 

The only thing that i can think of is that the imaginesim scenery code is not suppressing the default VIDP scenery.

The only thing that i can think of is that the imaginesim scenery code is not suppressing the default VIDP scenery.

I do not see how that could happen.  The default VIDP scenery is way down in your Scenery Library.  That's why it is important to make sure the payware is above Propeller Objects.  In the VIDP scenery folder, there may be a tree.bgl or something like that that displays autogen trees.  Maybe that has to be disabled.  But still, it is hard for me to believe a payware product, no matter who the Source, has trees on the runways or taxiways.  The developers had to see this immediately and exclude the trees from the runway.  Maybe the product did not fully install properly and is missing the exclusion file.

Okay, I downloaded and installed the demo and did not see the problem on the runway 29/11 but did see some trees in a village located near the taxiways (still not good).  But it was at Max autogen where it was the worse.  Here's normal then max:

Xmgn5.jpg

Max below:

wvM4h.jpg

It's strange that I did not see what you are seeing with the trees on the runway.  Just in the taxiways.  Do not know what to tell you other than you should contact Imaginesim.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10