Sign in to follow this  
DetCord

CS 777 Status?

Just wanted to inquire if the 777 from Captain Sim is in a decent state now. I've seen a lot of forum posts, mostly going back to late 2012 (0.8 etc), and the overall opinion wasn't that great up to that point.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

If it's anything like their 763 which I have I doubt it.

Need to save your cash for the PMDG 777.

spacer.png

I wouldn't touch it for the full asking price, thats for sure. It is incomplete, just like every other aircraft they have produced. My suggestion is to avoid their products until they actually complete a product, i.e. all advertised features/systems are complete and accurately functioning.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

"Accurately functioning" has been the problem with their products.  They need to stop cranking cookie cutter sims out and slow down and focus on getting them right.

spacer.png

I have to agree that at present stage CS777 is nowhere near to complete. Save your money for PMDG 777.

Mikael Leinonen

Thanks for the response gents. As for PMDG, well, I don't actually own any of their products. The learning curve is far too much for me where it concerns the actual free time to sit down and get to know the systems. Hell, the user manuals are the actual manuals for the aircraft.

Hell, the user manuals are the actual manuals for the aircraft.

I know, aint it grand...? ;-)

spacer.png

Thanks for the response gents. As for PMDG, well, I don't actually own any of their products. The learning curve is far too much for me where it concerns the actual free time to sit down and get to know the systems. Hell, the user manuals are the actual manuals for the aircraft.

PMDG aircraft gets complicated when you want to see all the system integration that it models. For normal operation though, it's no more  as complicated as any other complex system model available. That includes Captain Sim aircraft. You will find the systems operate more realistically for PMDG models. For example you'll see more realistic start up sequences and times, then you would other models, but the procedures used will be similar. So ifyou think you would have trouble with the learning curve of operating a PMDG aircraft, You'll probably have the same issue with CS, Wilco, Aerosoft Airbus A320X etc. IMHO, it's really not that hard, and I think you will enjoy the challenge on any of these models including PMDG. If you don't think you are up to it, maybe you should look more into models which are classified as "Lite" models, like the QW757, or CLS models. They are also enjoyable to fly.

As for the current state of the CS777 I would hold off. As others have stated it isn't really complete yet, but worse is the current version includes a flight model change, that has affected it's stability in some circumstances causing rocking during flight. The previous version 1.0+ a provided patch for VNAV (Which isn't available anymore since the current update was released), wasn't that bad. I have a video of a flight I did (KMCO-KATL) with it on my youtube channel below, if you are interested.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Detcord

U don't have to be a genius to use PMDG aircraft.I own the 737 and its amazing just to handfly.i do use the FMC to program a direct to flightplan.that it very easy to do and suits me down to the ground.i think you would love it.

steve

PMDG aircraft gets complicated when you want to see all the system integration that it models. For normal operation though, it's no more  as complicated as any other complex system model available. That includes Captain Sim aircraft. You will find the systems operate more realistically for PMDG models. For example you'll see more realistic start up sequences and times, then you would other models, but the procedures used will be similar. So ifyou think you would have trouble with the learning curve of operating a PMDG aircraft, You'll probably have the same issue with CS, Wilco, Aerosoft Airbus A320X etc. IMHO, it's really not that hard, and I think you will enjoy the challenge on any of these models including PMDG. If you don't think you are up to it, maybe you should look more into models which are classified as "Lite" models, like the QW757, or CLS models. They are also enjoyable to fly.

As for the current state of the CS777 I would hold off. As others have stated it isn't really complete yet, but worse is the current version includes a flight model change, that has affected it's stability in some circumstances causing rocking during flight. The previous version 1.0+ a provided patch for VNAV (Which isn't available anymore since the current update was released), wasn't that bad. I have a video of a flight I did (KMCO-KATL) with it on my youtube channel below, if you are interested.

I have the CS 757 and the Aerosoft Airbus series. My point made previously, as stated above in post #6, is that I don't have the time to dedicate to a PMDG aircraft and it's associated learning curve. Not that the learning curve itself is somehow beyond my comprehension.

That said, I may be willing to give it a try, but I'm far too busy with my RL concerns to really give an aircraft of this complexity the attention it deserves.

I don't have the time to dedicate to a PMDG aircraft

I understand what you're saying, that was my thinking too. But go through the tutorial once and you'll be good to go. Then if you want you can dig deeper through the various systems when you're at cruise and bored, but it's not necessary.

Sure let's keeping waiting for PMDG 777. The question during all this time has been: "For how long are we going to wait?" Another 3 years or 2 years? We have waited long enough from a so called top developer...The same goes for FSL...If you don't have the time, money, and resources to do something right and within an acceptable time frame (say< 8-12 months), then don't bother. If you are going to take  4- 5 years something is really wrong..Either you simply don't have the manpower or skills to get it  done correctly...Orr, you simply enjoy to build-up  a flashy hype.

Airbus and Boeing take only about 4-6 months to build a real gigantic fully functional airplane, and these flight sim "developers" are taking up to 4 years to complete a mini piece of dancing graphics..why? Not enough skills? Only a 1 or 2 man corporation? Or is it worked only on Easter Sunday? Maybe!

Airbus and Boeing take only about 4-6 months to build a real gigantic fully functional airplane,

They do?

Boeing 777

Initial Design proposal 1988

First offer to airlines 1989

First Flight  1994

First Commercial flight 1995

Airbus A380

Initial design finalized 2001

Manufacturing starts 2002

First Flight 2005

First Commercial Flight 2007

Boeing 787

Initial design finalized First version (7E7) 2003

First order 2004

First final assembly of the first test aircraft (Obviously the parts were earlier, but there is no date mentioned)  May 2007

First Flight Dec 2009

First commercial flight 2011

Seems allot longer than 4 to 6 months to me!!!

True when it's in production it may be at that rate, but using the same analogy,  PMDG and FSL is in their design phase , which means they still have a few years, before Boeing or Airbus can do it faster. Once in production, theirs can reproduced  in a few minutes download and install.

That said I think we can be sure the PMDG 777 will be sometime this year.  They do have a good track record after all. Not sure though about the FSL A320, as there is very little information on that one to go on.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Sure let's keeping waiting for PMDG 777. [. . .] We have waited long enough from a so called top developer [. . .] If you don't have the time, money, and resources to do something right and within an acceptable time frame (say< 8-12 months), then don't bother 

[. . .] Airbus and Boeing take only about 4-6 months to build a real gigantic fully functional airplane, and these flight sim "developers" are taking up to 4 years to complete a mini piece of dancing graphics..why? Not enough skills? Only a 1 or 2 man corporation? Or is it worked only on Easter Sunday? Maybe!

Sorry, but this is ridiculous. I understand your frustration, but please carefully evaluate your statements before posting. 

1. PMDG has demonstrated that it possesses the financial and intellectual resources as well as the passion required to produce high-quality FSX aircraft.
  2. The time that should be taken to model a high-quality B777 (and the definition of an "acceptable time frame") should be set by one, such as a developer, who fully understands the complexities of the software design process.
  3. PMDG most likely considers and tries to balance the "completeness" of its initial releases with the customer impatience it perceives.
  4. Progress involving many human life aspects would slow if all ambitious, delayed, or long-term projects were cancelled: many modern real-world aircraft would not exist! Patience often pays off. 
  5. Tom addressed your Airbus/Boeing point well.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny... are you drunk or something? Seriously...