Sign in to follow this  
Silver_Dragon

DCS: Mil Mi-8MTv2

More updates to the Mi-8 incoming.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2415317&postcount=73
News No.7

Annunciator "СТВОРКИ ОТКРЫТЫ" (Cargo bay doors open) now functional.

Now red annunciator "СТВОРКИ ОТКРЫТЫ"

7378333.jpg 

will warn You about cargo bay doors being opened.

7374234.jpg

And You'll never ever take off with cargo bay open. Unless it's not written in Your flight plan. :Doh:

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

More news to the front....

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

Jcomm, I've been doing more reading about helicopter flying, and you might be right about the technique of coming into ground effect with speed on the Mi-8. And perhaps that is best for the Huey too. It has to do with the Height-Velocity diagram, which tells you the speed altitude combos that you should avoid in case of engine failure and the need to autorotate. The way I've been flying the Huey seem really wussy, if you want to stay out of the H-V danger areas. If you want to stay out of the danger area, we are talking about having around 40 knots at 10 feet, and then bleeding that off in the last couple of seconds with a massive pitch up. The H-V curves for helicopters definitely apply to takeoff, but in the discussions I've been reading, it seems that even real helicopter pilots can't agree on how much it applies to landing approaches.

see this: http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/404194-safest-final-approach-4.html

I thought I was doing pretty good with normal (10 deg) and steep (15 deg) approaches, but now I'm considering the idea that I've been bleeding off speed way too early and too high. I was starting my decelerations from as high as 300 feet from 60 knots. It's going to take me a lot more practice to be able to scream towards the ground at 40 to 50 knots and then yank off that speed in the last 20 feet. That seems like a combat cowboy landing, not a "normal" way of making a landing approach. Some of the helicopter pilots, like in the link above, act like this is just a normal responsible thing to do, staying out of the "dead man's curve" of the H-V diagram virtually all the way to the ground, but there is not a consensus. It flies in the face of other advice I've read that helicopter approaches should be flown at the pace of an apparent fast walk.

Always more to learn!

I also have a lot to learn regarding helicopter flying, but that technique I had mentioned was learned with the DODSim Bell 206 for fs9, long ago....

I used it with success in the Mi-8. Just requires some cautious planning if you're landing at a small spot between trees or buildings, or on a small helipad... But it works :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Coming in as fast as those guys are talking about, and then pitching up like that in the last 10 feet seems like a perfect prescription for a tail strike. If the approach is shallow, it seems a lot easier to do than if you are also screaming earthward at near 1000 fpm right up until the last couple feet. And of course when you have to pull the collective that much, the helicopter is going to yank to one side (I always seem to be late on the pedals to counter that). I wonder how there can be such a wide variation of opinion among real helicopter pilots on the proper generalized technique to approach and land!

Implemented Siren system on the cockpit of the Mi-8.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2421295&postcount=87
News No.8

Siren is implemented. 

Mi-8MTV sirena system belongs to assault-transport equipment.
To give an audio signal for troops the S-1 siren is installed on overhead pannel at frame 6 in cargo bay.
To turn on siren the following actions to be done:
− turn ON switch «РАКЕТЫ / СИРЕНА»;

7448739.jpg

− press «СИРЕНА» (siren) button located near to external payload control pannel.

7439523.jpg

Siren will sound and annunciator pannel «СИРЕНА ВКЛЮЧЕНА» (siren is on) will light up. Upon button release siren will turn off as well as annunciator pannel.

7424163.jpg

Now You shouldn't be worrying about troops, they'll disembark in right time hearing the powerful sound of siren activated by You. :)

Only a community member with intent maintain informed to the simulator community about DCS: World news and progress

Disclaimer: I´m not member of DCS: World team, Eagle Dynamic team or None official 3rd party.

News No.9

«АВТОМАТ. СБРОС» (automatic release) switch is now functional.

7509921.jpg

Electrical equipment of external load contains DG-64M lock.

7507875.jpg

7509923.jpg

DG-64M lock is equipped with an automatic release mechanism. Which is activated by "Внешняя подвеска – Автоматический сброс" (external load - automatic release) switch on a middle electric panel.

Lock status is indicated by "ЗАМОК ОТКРЫТ" (lock is open) green annunciator panel on middle electric panel.

7531426.jpg

In flight lock can be opened by pressing tactical or emergency buttons located on cyclic stick.  

7489442.jpg

"Автоматический сброс" (automatic release) switch should be off during flight.

When it's necessary lock can be opened automatically. On approach to cargo unload area turn on "Автоматический сброс" (automatic relase) switch. After cargo is on the ground and tension of slings is less than 20 +/-8 kg, automatics will open the lock and slings will be released. :)

News No.10

The external resistance for voltage control of STG-3 starter-generator is now implemented. Circuit breaker is located on the right hand electric panel.

5777266.jpg

Standby generator voltage is controlled before it's getting turned in aircraft electrical system by putting rotary switch to «РЕЗЕР ГЕН» (Standby generator) position.

7567340.jpg

While checking the AI-9V engine work it's also necessary to check the function of STG-3 starter-generator. To do that it's needed having normal  AI-9V engine RPM to put voltage control rotary switch to «РЕЗЕР ГЕН» (Standby generator) position.
Voltmeter V-1 should indicate voltage of 27 ... 28 V.
In case of voltage runaway adjust it by tuning external resistance (РЕГУЛИР.НАПРЯЖ.) located on the right hand electric panel.
Good luck to all in Your virtual flights!:)

Sling Loads

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Corvus video with the Mi-8 improvements on DCS: W 1.5

Very nice !

Looking fwd for 1.5 Final to re-install ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Patrick

DCS: Mi-8MTV2. Fun with sling load. Игры с подвеской. №2

This made me Chuckle :smile: 

• Upvote 1

Patrick

Belsimtek implement PKV removal on civil Mi-8.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2724128&postcount=586

News No.26

Hide PKV gunsight.

It is removable PKV gunsight. The PKV gunsight is now removed together with the holders of еxternal weapon stations.
9153496.jpg
9155544.jpg
9150424.jpg
9137112.jpg:)

More news from belsimtek, now we can activate and deactivate the mirrors by a key on the Mi-8.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2724512&postcount=592
News No.27

Now you can remove the side mirrors.

"On / Off button. mirror "in the settings has 3 positions:

9122602.jpg

1. Mirrors have work.

9122603.jpg

2. Mirrors is, do not work.

9149226.jpg

3. Mirrors removed.

9116458.jpg

Appearance:

1. Mirrors removed.

9160493.jpg

2. Mirrors installed.

9150253.jpg

Increasing the choice of helicopter layout will produce a new small pleasures of flights to MI-8MTV2 Belsimtek.;)

• Upvote 1

Animation update on Mi-8 cockpit

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2726799&postcount=621
News №29.

There are clickable and animation elements pilot's cyclic control stick.:)

9225515.jpg