Sign in to follow this  
av8ber

Autopilot Glide slope capture

HI: I keep having a problem on the G1000 with the autopilot not capturing and holding the glide slope during approaches. After entering the approach into the G1000 I usually also tune the Ils Freq into Nav 1. While flying with the gps on and in the nav mode. I will intercept the ILS and then using the cdi button I switch over to ILS 1 and get the ILS and GS indicators on the HSI. With the other Carenado planes using the xps530 when I intercept the Gs the alt hold function disengages and the approach mode flies the approach down the GS to 500ft when I then take over manually. However on the G1000 when I intercept the GS the alt function never disengages and I have to do it manually. Anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong or is this a problem with the G1000. Thanks for any advice... Al

I am not sure if my information will be of any help, but what I find is that the air speed must be at about 87, with full flaps, and then it holds and tracks the GS.  This may not be the solution to your problem.  Once tracking the GS I see the PFD changes to PIT.  On other units I see the display show GS.  I have only owned this plane for 1 week, so I am still learning about it.  I need to see if I can find what PIT stands for.  I think it says PIT as I am doing this from memory!

jim

Hi Jim: Thanks for the info.. Will give it a try.. by the way PIT stands for Pitch control.. Pull up any G1000 manual from a google search and look under the automatic flight control section... Al