Sign in to follow this  
Caribpilot

EJets

So I was just wondering if there is any interest in an Ejet series done to the level of PMDG's current productline?

This would include a high fidelity E170/175 & E190/195. I have used the one that is currently available but after all these years I think its time for a more in-depth simulation of this popular regional aircraft.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I'd vote for that as I think that fT's outputs are not quite there.

I think its time for a more in-depth simulation of this popular regional aircraft.

One request that I would second.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I'm not a fan of the planes, but I'm also probably jaded having been a rampie, and being forced to deal with them.

I'd definitely say I'd get it, though.  With PMDG quality, I could finally simulate those flights.

Kyle Rodgers

I think Ryan expressed interest in having them do a jet of that size at some point, but he freely admitted that he isn't the deciding party there.

Well we have just about all classes of aircraft fully covered except Military that are at a high fidelity when it comes to systems. Regional aircrafts make up the life blood of aviation these days and they are very under represented.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I think Ryan expressed interest in having them do a jet of that size at some point, but he freely admitted that he isn't the deciding party there.

My personal pick for a regional jet if we did it would be the CRJ series - those things are everywhere in the real world and we have a member of our dev team who flies them. I do not think it's likely we'll be doing one though.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

FSX seems quite starved for regional jets, it would be great to seem some top-quality ones come available. The DA CRJ seems to be progressing which is great to see.

Barry Friedman

Being brazilian myself, as is Embraer, the manufactur of the E-Jets, I'm 100% in favor of this idea.  :brazil-flag:

According to Wikipedia, the E-Jets have beated the CRJ both in delivery and order numbers, but I couldn't find the official sources of this information.

Matheus Mafra

I love the PMDG products and their dedication to detail and i just want them to go on with their own vision of products instead of requesting or suggesting anything all the time. I think we all went down a really nice road with them so far.

There are already some decent products out there, resembling regional jets such as the E-Jet series or the EMJ-145 series. I can only recommend both of them and while note being perfect, they definitely are in the "good" to "very good" region of available, commercial products. (this statement is based on enjoyment flying them) As much as i prefer realistic and fully featured products - i just have to admit, as an electrical engineer, i could never tell the difference since I've never flown anything in real life ...

I'd rather have some more diversity from different developers in good quality than having the same planes being developed again and again. As Ryan and Barry pointed out - a decent CRJ-series would be really nice. I personally would also like to see an ATR series, a SAAB 340/2000, a complete Fokker 70/100 or a flyable, complete Airbus series. Not to mention any Russian planes or decent vintage planes such as a DC-8... 

I am kind of disappointed in FSX being around for so many years now and there are so many every day planes out there not being represented in a native FSX version at all (in good commercial quality). Looking around - i feel that there are more good weather/scenery/texture developers out there than good plane developers (there are some really good GA developers, however I am talking about commercial airliners). Commercially strange, since while less development effort is needed to be invested into airport development, i don't see the same costumer base per airport (or at least i believe).

I just want more developers like PMDG working on different commercial airliners.

And before anybody is offended by this - this is my personal opinion - Everybody can fell and express....whatever... ^_^  

Nico

And before anybody is offended by this

Relax. Nobody will raise any objections to such an objective viewpoint. This is a pretty light-hearted thread ,and Ryan has put it in its perspective, but just as Santa never ever delivers what we really hanker for, so is this.

I love the PMDG products and their dedication to detail and i just want them to go on with their own vision of products instead of requesting or suggesting anything all the time. I think we all went down a really nice road with them so far.

There are already some decent products out there, resembling regional jets such as the E-Jet series or the EMJ-145 series. I can only recommend both of them and while note being perfect, they definitely are in the "good" to "very good" region of available, commercial products. (this statement is based on enjoyment flying them) As much as i prefer realistic and fully featured products - i just have to admit, as an electrical engineer, i could never tell the difference since I've never flown anything in real life ...

I'd rather have some more diversity from different developers in good quality than having the same planes being developed again and again. As Ryan and Barry pointed out - a decent CRJ-series would be really nice. I personally would also like to see an ATR series, a SAAB 340/2000, a complete Fokker 70/100 or a flyable, complete Airbus series. Not to mention any Russian planes or decent vintage planes such as a DC-8...

I am kind of disappointed in FSX being around for so many years now and there are so many every day planes out there not being represented in a native FSX version at all (in good commercial quality). Looking around - i feel that there are more good weather/scenery/texture developers out there than good plane developers (there are some really good GA developers, however I am talking about commercial airliners). Commercially strange, since while less development effort is needed to be invested into airport development, i don't see the same costumer base per airport (or at least i believe).

I just want more developers like PMDG working on different commercial airliners.

And before anybody is offended by this - this is my personal opinion - Everybody can fell and express....whatever... ^_^

Nico

I agree with you in regards to the Fokker 70/100 and ATR. I currently live in Perth, Australia and we have the worlds largest Fokker 70/100 fleet per airport (they make good long range mine operation planes along with 738s). They are the backbone of WA and should continue, even with there long age, until a suitable replacement is available. This replacement is probably the ATR-72 which Virgin Australia (now the owner of Skywest Australia) have ordered. So, either of these aircraft can allow for some interesting ADHOC flights.

As a ramper I hated the CRJ, the E135/145 was a far superior plane for rampers especially with its 90* nose gear limit vs the CR7's stupid 70* degree limit. Also plugging in the gpu for CRJ's are no fun with a wet ramp.

As a ramper I hated the CRJ, the E135/145 was a far superior plane for rampers especially with its 90* nose gear limit vs the CR7's stupid 70* degree limit. Also plugging in the gpu for CRJ's are no fun with a wet ramp.

I've had far better actual passenger experiences on the CRJ though - the 135/145 are so tiny and loud. I was on a 145XR for close to 3 hours two months ago - that should not be legal lol.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com