Sign in to follow this  
LesPaulGuitarsRock

Just completed my first DX10 long haul flight

Happy days.

Just done 8.5 hr flight from EGLL to KPHL with LVLD767 in DX10.

No problems at all, no crashes.

Frame rates more or less stuck at 30 almost entire flight.

Go, Wolves, Go!!!! Piece o' duff, ennit, ay?

:lol:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Agreed!

I had to reinstall windows and converted over a new installation of FSX (still in the process), but everything is better than DX9. Like a brand new sim!

Kind regards,

Agreed!

I had to reinstall windows and converted over a new installation of FSX (still in the process), but everything is better than DX9. Like a brand new sim!

Kind regards,

Glad to see you went with DX10 too Stephen.  I have never regretted it. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Agreed!

Kind regards,

About time you get on board old friend....

About time you get on board old friend....

And...installed FSX on a 240g OCZ RevoDrive. Goes like greased snot!

:LMAO:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

And...installed FSX on 240g OCZ RevoDrive. Goes like greased snot!

I had something else in mind then snot but hey....to each is own.... :Big Grin:

That's awesome, it's great when things work just so, huh?  I have just returned to DX10 and I must say that I missed it.    Sorry have to chime in here, just too many staff banners and I thought that I would help even things out lol.

\Robert Hamlich/

Enroute cyvr (FSDT) to PAKT orbx in PMDG 737 with DX 10. Simply beautiful. I cant believe it took me this long to convert.

:P Timothy Murphy

Magic... It's worth all the fiddling around, and once it's "sorted" - DX10 (and a little bit of SweetFX) makes FSX just come to life, doesn't it!

Until I get a working KBOS payware just can't switch too bad I also thought it was very impressive.

Rich Sennett

What's wrong with Boston, Richard?

Paul flytampa boston has texture issues in dx10 - tried that texture converter program but no go buddy :) as I do not fly much in daytime I didn't check that but other time of day corrupt textures so I gave up.

Rich Sennett

I have some flashing textures on the terminal in the new CYVR. Even still Vancouver Plus with ORBX PNW, and 100% Ultimate Traffic at 100% and 30 FPS is something to write home about. Beautiful water now.