Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

z06z33

How many displays can I run off a 660TI FTW will this idea work?

Ok so I'm building a 777 cockpit. I plan on using only 1 PC for this build because I'm going to use the PMDG 777 for software and I hear PMDG stuff doesn't network well and I'm not spending $1k on project magenta software. My plan since my card has 4 out puts using 1 for the outside displays via a tripple head2go (3 moniters), one for the capt and FO  displays via a dvi spliter (2 moniters), 1 for the Standby gauges and center display and, 1 for the lower displays and FMC's so in total 7 displays will be running will this even work and if so will it kill my frames. I won't be flying from the VC I'll be flying from the 2d panel which I've tested with the captsim 777 and it works fine even in fullscreen mode. I have 2 other PC's that I could network but I dont want to spend hundreds or even thousands on software when I could put that money toward some FDS stuff.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, not exactly the same, but may be of some use to you....

I run a GTX680 and use three of the outputs for my visuals (3 60" plasma's at 5760 x 1080), and the forth output to drive my lower EICAS. All other displays are driven of another computer and I run ProSim737, not PMDG.

Not sure you can run full screen with that setup. When I try the visuals are fine, but I lose the forth monitor to a black screen.

On ground I'm in the high teens, low teens at FSDreamTeam airports. Keep in mind a few difference from your plan, I run a 680, not 660, I only drive visuals, no 2d panels as they are run through ProSim on another PC. I'm only driving one other display, the lower EICAS, on the PC running the visuals.

Good luck with your plan.

Also note, if you run a splitter your FO side will look backwards from how it should look....your PFD will be inboard on that side.

....and if your goal is to buy FDS stuff, you might as well start considering which avionics suite you're going to use (Sim Avionics, ProSim737, PM) as PMDG isn't going to cut it once you start interfacing your MIP, Overhead and Pedestal.

Well, not exactly the same, but may be of some use to you....

I run a GTX680 and use three of the outputs for my visuals (3 60" plasma's at 5760 x 1080), and the forth output to drive my lower EICAS. All other displays are driven of another computer and I run ProSim737, not PMDG.

Not sure you can run full screen with that setup. When I try the visuals are fine, but I lose the forth monitor to a black screen.

On ground I'm in the high teens, low teens at FSDreamTeam airports. Keep in mind a few difference from your plan, I run a 680, not 660, I only drive visuals, no 2d panels as they are run through ProSim on another PC. I'm only driving one other display, the lower EICAS, on the PC running the visuals.

Good luck with your plan.

Also note, if you run a splitter your FO side will look backwards from how it should look....your PFD will be inboard on that side.

....and if your goal is to buy FDS stuff, you might as well start considering which avionics suite you're going to use (Sim Avionics, ProSim737, PM) as PMDG isn't going to cut it once you start interfacing your MIP, Overhead and Pedestal.

can you not set up all the overhead via FSUPIC?

can you not set up all the overhead via FSUPIC?

No. The developer must meet the hardware manufacturers halfway and provide a feature rich SDK. To my knowledge only Ifly offers that level of compatibility , short of the cockpit suites.

I'm not planning on having all the stuff

working Just the basics for now such as Apu, and Apu gens,fuel cutoffs ect

You mentioned all of the overhead so I assumed you wanted to read all annunciators/gauge values/switches etc.

You mentioned all of the overhead so I assumed you wanted to read all annunciators/gauge values/switches etc.

eventually I do but pmdg said in an interview they are going to.make their planes home cockpit compatible soon for free :-)

eventually I do but pmdg said in an interview they are going to.make their planes home cockpit compatible soon for free :-)

Um..Ok.