Sign in to follow this  
TomBrooklyn

Why Haven't You Upgraded to MSFSX?

In fairness to the OP: TB I see you haven't been very active in the forums.

Take a little time browsing around here.

You will find 1 in 3 topics has at some point been highjacked by someone wanting to debate the issue. Anything that's said now will have been said many many times already. Really.

But I bet someone is going to find themselves forced to address this burning issue... again.

If you hit a dead horse with nobody around...have you really hit it?

Yep, but you've not really killed it.

This has to be the most abused dead horse in all of history. Ahhhh, . . . . . maybe if I ask a question that has been argued, answered and put to a unceremonious rest a few hundred times already I'll get the answer I want or the attention I need, by annoying the "______" out of everyone. Dead horse? This topic is fast approaching the fossilized state. It will probably get there before this subject is finally and thankfully forgotten.

Mel

I have "upgraded." In fact, I bought MSFSX before I bought MSFS9. I just don't like the thing as well, and I haven't even bothered to install it for several years.

Get this thread out of here. Now. Since it is going to end up a flame war anyway, we might as well preemptively delete the whole thing and be done.

Incidentally, I had FSX prior to having FS9, and FS9 runs much better with higher graphics settings and weather. In order to run FSX well, I'd have to turn the sliders down to medium or less and I couldn't fly with weather.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The poor horse must be dust by now...

I'm not even going to waste my time pointing out everyone's false biased judgements on FSX, and how FS9 is "magically" faster than FSX blah blah blah BLAH.

...Actually, now I think about it, been too busy trying to land me one of these:

Fish.jpg

...Actually, now I think about it, been too busy trying to land me one of these:

:lol:

In fairness to the OP: TB I see you haven't been very active in the forums.

Take a little time browsing around here.

You will find 1 in 3 topics has at some point been highjacked by someone wanting to debate the issue. Anything that's said now will have been said many many times already. Really.

I haven't been very active in the forums; and the only flight sim I've ever flown is the one on Google Earth; and I've only done that for an hour or two, since trying to control those airplanes is like trying to ride a horse bareback on a floor covered with marbles.

In order to get a simple answer to a simple question, and a very logical and sensible question; since it's normally common and expected that the latest version of a software is the most desirable, do I really have to search these forums, going through threads that have nothing to do with the topic to find where they've been hijacked by ostensibly inconsiderate people, and try to piece together whatever bits and pieces of information I can find in this cumbersome manner? I have no intention of doing that.

Further, if this thread is typical of the way information is shared and disseminated around here, it is not surprising that people hijack threads. Why should they be any more helpful or considerate than anybody else?

To the couple of people who provided some rational insight above, thanks. I would normally have had some follow-up questions related to what flight sim software I would be best off acquiring; but this sophomoric environment is obviously not conducive to further discussion of the matter.