Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Weather engine to do storm clouds?

Can't say I've ever seen any FSX pic that does approaching storms well.

Is there any weather engine out there that does a VERY dark storm sky on one side and nice weather on the other like these pics?

jbaRXHIHd7zt9W.jpg

jbsn1TgUoedAgV.jpg

Active Sky 2012 w/ latest servicepack

Pics or it didn't happen.

Pics or it didn't happen.

?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

You only asked a question and I answered, now you're calling me a liar?

Hee hee, I don't think he was calling you a liar. With respect, I think you just misconstrued his post. Anyway, we're all open to new ideas and like VeryBumpy if you could post some screenies I'm sure we'd all be very interested in seeing them. I most certainly would.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

it might take a while to post pics because he'll have to wait for a storm but yesterday I flew around my area and did see storm clouds building up ahead of me in the distance which looked like the first pic posted.

Interesting...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Interesting...

AS 2012 sp2 new features:

Hurricane Simulation

Hurricanes are depicted using advanced virtual station-generation and real data to provide a realistic weather experience within and in the vicinity of these massive storms.

New weather engine features include Overcast Ceiling Enhancement, In-Cloud Visibility Reduction, Default Options Profiles, Official Prepar3D support, and an overhauled "Direct Weather Control" depiction system that provides smooth transitions and better cloud coverage accuracy.  Improvements are numerous and include better overall weather depiction and smoother transitions in all weather modes, updated station databases, increased tropical storm coverage, overhauled wx data network for better performance, and improved interpolation.

Direct Wind Control, Visibility Graduation, and Smoothing

Using exclusive Direct Wind Control techniques, we have achieved accurate control and smoothing of the wind, temperature and visibility -  When enabled, you’ll have an environment with little to no wind shifts, accurate direction and speed, and smooth visibility graduation and transitions.

Quadrangle Distance-Weighted Interpolation Technology

Intelligent interpolation fills the gaps in weather data.

Vertical Air Simulation Technology

Realistic up and downdrafts as well as thermals and ridge lift are simulated automatically throughout your flight - Manually configure your own thermals at any time.

New Winter Runways

Photo-realistic runway styles simulating snow, billows, ice and and frozen runway surfaces.

http://secure.simmarket.com/hifi-tech-active-sky-2012.phtml

Forgive me for being off topic, but when I read the "Rainbow Bridge" page I just sat here and cried.  Thank you, Five-By-Five.  Our old cat Jake is going into kidney failure due to advancing age and sooner rather than later his time will come.  He will be cremated and his cremains spread in his favorite hunting area so we will always be near each other.

Forgive an old man who will soon lose his heart and part of his soul.

Forgive me for being off topic, but when I read the "Rainbow Bridge" page I just sat here and cried.  Thank you, Five-By-Five.  Our old cat Jake is going into kidney failure due to advancing age and sooner rather than later his time will come.  He will be cremated and his cremains spread in his favorite hunting area so we will always be near each other.

Forgive an old man who will soon lose his heart and part of his soul.

no problem Dan and sorry to hear about Jake :(   I have 2 cats presently both age 10 but have had many cats and dogs that have passed away also.  It hurts a lot to see our little fury friends in pain and it even hurts a lot deciding on what to do.....letting go.  Hang in there and please let me know how Jake is doing.

He means he wants to see some proof.

I know what he means but question the arrogance of the retort.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"