Sign in to follow this  
blake7

Anoying buzz without gear down

Hi all, how do you silence that annoying buzzing when the flaps are set and the gear is still up ? I thought it was the cutoff button under the flap selector but it keeps buzzing until the gear is down ? My only other thought was maybe it's not possible to silence the buzz ? Im sure I read of an incident where the buzzer was silenced leading to a situation ?<br /><br />Gary Blake.<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk HD

how do you silence that annoying buzzing when the flaps are set and the gear is still up

I think you can use the landing gear inhibit switch on the GPWS panel. But that config alarm is telling you to lower the gear (which you should do).

I thought it was the cutoff button under the flap selector but it keeps buzzing until the gear is down

It will only work if the flaps are not in the landing configuration (lower than flaps 15 if I remember correctly).

Im sure I read of an incident where the buzzer was silenced leading to a situation

I think you're talking about the takeoff confiuration warning system.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

From the FCOMv2, page 15.10.6:

Landing Gear Warning Cutout Switch

Push – silences landing gear configuration warning aural indication at flaps up
through 10 and above 200 feet RA.

Note: The aural indication cannot be silenced with the cutout switch at flaps
greater than 10.

But, as Kenny said, you'd definitely want to avoid triggering that horn in the first place by following proper procedures and lowering the gear in time during the approach.

If you are on approach (not takeoff) and the gear is up, you should not extend flaps past flap 10°. Once Flap 15 is selected, the configuration horn will go off till the gear is down (or the flaps are retracted back to 10).

If you want flap 15, extend the landing gear first. Confirm all 3 green before extending to flap 15 (or more).

Gear can be extended at a faster speed than flap 15 can.

You don't have to. Usually the sequence is: gear down and flaps 15 right away.

If your flaps reach 15° (and Green light) before your gear reaches green and locked, you get the Config horn. (ok so it will go away after a second or 2, but still...)

Gear down/F15 was one call at one airline I've flown for. Never heard the horn.

Matt Cee