Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

How long will we wait for the 747 V2.0?

Hi all, I operate my long haul flight with magnificent MD11F cargo, but recently I falled in love also with 747, which I'll use for pax and cargo operations too.

I'd like to purchase 747-400 but it seems a little absurd, since will be released version 2.0 after 777 release.

In your opinion how long we have to wait for V2.0, after the release of T7, six months  - one year or less?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

With the way things are going at the moment, my guess is the 747 V2.0 will be released Q2-Q3 of next year.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it releases sooner, but I doubt it!

Well on the current rate, lets say Summer 2015  so any  less will be a pleasant surprise! :) 

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'd say buy the current one - I think PMDG are just focusing on getting the 777 out the door then you'll hear something about the 747.

how long we have to wait for V2.0, after the release of T7, six months - one year or less?

I think the 77L/77F is going to be released early Q4 to late Q1 2014.

The 744/74Y (if they develop the freighter), I think, would be early Q3 to late Q4 2015.

I could be wrong though.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I did not think really so late! I waited for the 747 because the 777 will be too automated, although it will be a great product as always. But the 747 inspire me the most.

I thought within the end of 2013, but I doubt.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Well done, managed to break the forum rules by not signing your full name and insult two developers in the process... Well done indeed.

-Paul Solk

it will be released around the same time as the LevelD 757 :lol:

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Which one should I post? Which one do you prefer?

post A: "What's wrong with the current B744 v1.0?"

post B: "After the 744 v2.0 (which follows the 777), how long will it take for the DC-6?"

Let the polls begin ...

Oh I forgot about the DC-6 ha! So you won't buy the 777 because it's too automatic? Will you be flying the 747 manually for the entire flight then? In-fact in the 777 makes the pilot life easier - I've never heard one complain about it! You can have a failure and the aeroplane fix itself and you won't know until you're on stand at your destination. So it's not too automated - it's too smart (-;

Well done, managed to break the forum rules by not signing your full name and insult two developers in the process... Well done indeed.

-Paul Solk

Look out..forum police has arrived.she was kidding as you can see by smiley.

far as i can tell you are not an admin

steve

steve

Actually Steve, as she has basically called LVL-D liars in another thread in the LVL-D forum and questioned them ever releasing the 757 I didn't take it as a joke but an insult...  There was context behind my response.  A backhanded insult with a smiley is still a backhanded insult...

Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

steve

Actually Steve, as she has basically called LVL-D liars in another thread in the LVL-D forum and questioned them ever releasing the 757 I didn't take it as a joke but an insult... There was context behind my response.

Paul Solk

Somebody needs to shutdown their PC and go outside for a little while. Unless AVSIM is auditioning for The Next Great Admin, which if that's the case, then I take back my post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Oh I forgot about the DC-6 ha! So you won't buy the 777 because it's too automatic? Will you be flying the 747 manually for the entire flight then? In-fact in the 777 makes the pilot life easier - I've never heard one complain about it! You can have a failure and the aeroplane fix itself and you won't know until you're on stand at your destination. So it's not too automated - it's too smart (-;

Luke, you are right :-) for too automated  I meant too futuristic vs 747, but maybe I'm wrong.

However, I've never flown in manual mode for whole trip, I'll get crazy :lol:

Riccardo

Having consulted my piece of string, I predict that it will be after the DC-6 and before the one after the 74. The piece of string of indeterminate length may have the order incorrect, so has insisted that it not be held liable for any subsequent losses as a result of its advice offered herein.