Sign in to follow this  
josemartinic

Next PMDG plane, Boeing 727 ?

I overheard a conversation last weekend that, subject to getting a good 3d modeller onboard, sounded like an agreement was reached on the production of an all new 727 for FSX. Sadly, in terms of this thread, those involved have nothing to do with PMDG.................although fortunately, I can imagine a few people may still be pleased when more information about this is revealed.

Paul

Great to hear from you Paul. Could that company name start with a 'D' and end with 'T'? lol

In PMDG's defense, I remember thinking at the time (several years ago) that the MD-11 was a bit of a strange choice. I remember being a little disappointed that they weren't doing the NGX series before it.

However, I quickly got over it when the MD-11 came out and I saw what a really awesome plane it was. It is still one of my favorite planes to fly long-haul missions on, at least until the PMDG 777 is released. Even then, I will probably still fly it on occasion, just because I like it so much.

Truly unfortunate news about the piracy problems with the MD-11. I personally make it a point to buy just about everything PMDG puts out, mainly because I want them to stay in business and keep developing high quality simulation aircraft. I know they can't do it without our support.

I do think a PMDG-quality 727 would probably sell better than the MD-11, only because many more people have had the experience of flying on a 727. It hasn't been gone for very long - and is still quite regularly used in cargo ops, and in developing countries like portions of Latin America or Africa. It's also a screamer - both in terms of speed and sound.

I honestly hope the rumor posted here about the new 727 being done elsewhere is true - but if not, then I hope PMDG will take the time to do some scientific marketing research and see where the customer demand lies. Maybe they will be surprised, or maybe not. Either way, I know I will be lining up to buy the 777, 747v2, DC-6, and whatever other goodies are coming our way.

--

Chris Parrott

PMDG Austin Rover Mini Cooper GT please....

:smile: 

Glad to hear that someone is considering a 727 for FSX. I stayed with FS9 for a long time, before switching to FSX, because I did not want to give up the DF727. If I had to choose only one aircraft to fly in the sim it would be the "Whisperjet".

Dave

David A Gubert

All things considered, a 727 for FSX would do very well. I personally think that the other well known 727 for FSX has missed the mark since its developer has not fixed many issues with it.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

DC8

Oh yes for sure and maybe a classic 747

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

If we are at the wishes topic I got one.

A brand new and awesome PMDG MD-80 Maddog.  B)

Crap, you are BAD boys! I almost had a heart attack when i read topic name, and you saying there'll be no PMDG 727!!! BAD BOYS!!

:)

As for me - i'd buy PMDG 727 first day of released. I can even buy two :) I dont fly modern jets, i like oldies. I like to calculate all by tables, use my pencil, liner, angle tool. Thats simming fun! 

Well, DF 727 for FSX will be cool too. 

I overheard a conversation last weekend that, subject to getting a good 3d modeller onboard, sounded like an agreement was reached on the production of an all new 727 for FSX. Sadly, in terms of this thread, those involved have nothing to do with PMDG.................although fortunately, I can imagine a few people may still be pleased when more information about this is revealed.

Paul

Glad I kept reading this thread now.

That is the news I have been hoping for, for a long time. I currently keep my FS2004 almost solely for my DF 727, still a great aircraft. I'd be perfectly happy with a DF quality 727 for FSX.

It's pretty clear that PMDG won't consider it, so a DF (Paul Golding) version would be an ideal substitute for me.

I really hope this happens Paul. Thanks.

Warren

I would have thought something even before the Jets. Lockheed Electra, Super Connie. Could you imagine a PMDG Super Connie. I want one. No GPS those days, shunny. Back when Navigation was an artform.

Jon

early 707s had LORAN navigation. Thats a hard thing to model right, but super fun to fly. Cant say about Connies had it or not, but they from same years, they could had it.

early 707s had LORAN navigation. Thats a hard thing to model right, but super fun to fly. Cant say about Connies had it or not, but they from same years, they could had it.

I remember another aircraft I saw as a kid. I was told it was the last of the piston engined, interconintal airliners. I wish I could remember its name. Big and bulbous and all windows right around the curve of the nose.

Jon