Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Vintage 172 over Wisconsin

Last flight of the day, taking an older 172 for a flight over the rolling green hills of Wisconsin.  Another area not seen often.  Photoreal scenery provided by Tileproxy.  Enjoy!

John

1-2_zps0ab24fb0.jpg

2-2_zps99ceb0c3.jpg

3-2_zps5288f998.jpg

4-2_zps9bb738d5.jpg

5-2_zps2f52e2b4.jpg

6-2_zps3e7d3aa4.jpg

7-1_zps39ed467b.jpg

8_zps8e658cfb.jpg

9_zpscebacee6.jpg

10_zpsd6163514.jpg

Love that color on 172.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Very nice. Thanks for posting. My first airplane ride ever was in a factory-fresh 1956 Cessna 172.

John

Real farmland and nicely textured airplane!

HLJAMES

Nice, bright livery! The C172 family contains aircraft with so many different yoke designs. . . . 

Thanks for your comments all.  I was looking for a new and interesting place to fly with Tileproxy--I wanted someplace green with gentle rolling hills.  I did a Google search and found that central Wisconsin matched my wishes.  It's a great place to fly with Tileproxy. I spent considerable time in Wisconsin when I was a small boy, so visiting Wisconsin in the sim brings back great memories.

John

Thank you

Simmarket still lists the 172/140 combo package for sale.  The price seems pretty reasonable.  I like the 172 although I wish the instrument panel didn't look quite so modern.  The yokes, for instance, don't match those I've seen on a 1958 172.  Also a black panel might have looked more "antique".  But overall it's a nice aircraft that handles like a dream.

John