Sign in to follow this  
CaptOrr

Throttle Problem!

Let me first say that FS Crew is the best sim addon (have them all MD-11, 737 and emergency,J41), brings a whole new approach to Flight sims, that being said, it's been a while since i flew the J41, so i totally imersed myself in it (I think its harder than jets), I have done a dozen or so flights now with fs crew , the original pmdg j41 manual says to ready throttles using F2 full reverse, F3 to gradually bring then up till reverse light goes out then start engines which i have done manually without FS Crew on , and starts ok.

Doing the same procedure through FS Crew ,  Ask the FO to start engine 1 he responds to check throttle position  long story short I have to hit F1 which brings them way up then they start, my question is am I doing something wrong because this contradicts the manual,

Question 2 not related to throttles

when I ask for coffee or sandwiches is there a reason that a thank you is not said (just a pet peeve)

long story short I have to hit F1 which brings them way up then they start, my question is am I doing something wrong because this contradicts the manual,

Ummmm, if it's working it's working.  Throttle issues can be dicey due to various hardware configs.

I'd double check the PMDG J41 forum as well.  The throttle is a bit of complex, such is the nature of turbo props (much more complicated than jets).

As for saying "thank you"... you mean the Captain should say "thank you" after receiving the food?  I'll check that..  and add it if it's not there already.