Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

737NGZ Freezes

I know I am probably the hundredth person to bring this up, but when I go into FSX and pick my 737, which in this case is the Southwest it works and then shortly after it freezes and then I have to Ctrl alt delete to shut down fsx.  I have had the luck to make it 3 hours into a 4 hour flight but have yet to finish a flight.  The aircraft is amazing when it works, but I have yet to get it working.  I have FSX gold edition installed.  Have tried the UI.dll fix and that didn't work.  I am in the process of reinstalling windows and seeing if that works.  I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.  I know my computer has the specifications needed.  ASUS 990 FX mobo, AMD Phenm 1100T 3.8GHZ processor, 12 GB RAM, ATI 6870 1GB vid card.  What can I do to make this work.  I have looked into the fsx tweak from the hardware guide, but still doesn't work.

I forgot to mention I have the 800/900 series, the first product of the NGX.  I haven't installed the SP1c update yet.  Not sure if that would do anything.

Josh Scholl

First things first. If I'm not mistaken, the stock clock speed of the Phenom II X6 1100T is 3.3 GHz, which means that you've overclocked your CPU. How did you check whether your system is running a fully stable overclock (i.e. by running Prime95) and what were the test results? What are your memory specifications (vendor, type), what's your memory frequency and which memory timings are you using?

If you've purchased the NGX recently, the installer should already be at the SP1c patch level -- although don't quote me on that. If it's not, then installing the patch would indeed be an obvious thing to try first (I can't think of any reason why you'd want to run NGX without it, really).

I have not touched the BIOS or anything but when I opened up my control panel, systems, it showed 3.8GHZ.  I run Crucial RAM.  I have 12 GB and the computer recognizes 12GB.  I am not familiar with the frequency or timing.  I purchased NGX when it first came out.  So quite some time ago.  

Josh Scholl

I am not at home right now, but I am almost 100% positive it is DDR3 RAM.

Josh Scholl

I have not touched the BIOS or anything but when I opened up my control panel, systems, it showed 3.8GHZ.

That's... weird. I haven't built an AMD system in ages, so conceivably this could be some AMD-specific quirk, but I'd expect that to read 3.3 GHz -- or at most 3.7 (which is the CPU's turbo speed). Did you build this system yourself, or did you get it pre-configured?

In any case, I'd suggest you grab CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html) and Prime95 (http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/). Then run a Prime torture test (making sure you've enabled the Advanced->SUM(INPUTS) error checking and Advanced->Round off checking options first) -- it doesn't matter which type of test you run at this point as all we're trying to achieve is getting the CPU out of any form of power-saving idle state. Then fire up CPU-Z and take screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory and SPD tabs, and post those screenshots here.

This all sounds like a lot of work, but what I'd like to ascertain is that you're not unwittingly running an overclocked system -- and a possibly unstable one at that. Good luck.

Install the lastest version of fsuipc. I just did a clean install on my friends and my system. Im running Windows 8 x64 and he's running windows 7 x64. Both computers would show similar behavior to yours with the pmdg 737. Once I installed fsuipc we've had no more crashes or freezing up

Good luck

The stock clockspeed on that CPU is definitely 3.3GHz, not 3.8. You're overclocked by 500Mhz and that can definitely cause instability.

Here's how it should look:
http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1481/1100t_load_cpuz.jpg

I think your BIOS is probably configured incorrectly somehow - your FSB should be 200 and the HT Link should be 2000 like in the screenshot but yours are both set higher. Work on rectifying that first and if you still see the issues at stock speeds then let us know again.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I went into my BIOS this morning and it has pre selected profiles.  Eco, Normal and Performance.  I had it at performance which had the bar in the "fire" zone so I put it back to Normal but it is still showing 3860.4 on the processor.  Do I need to call ASUS or AMD?  AMD is my processor and ASUS is my mobo.

Josh Scholl